Qlazon
E-mail-module
  • 2008/11/24 8:37

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/29

I've raised this topic before and am still hoping for someone to pick it up. There are a couple old pop3-e-mail-modules in the repository wich should allow users to access web-mail through the XOOPS site. Sadly enought they do not work. Is anyone else interested in this - or even better - interested in creating a new working module?

mycroftmoon
Re: E-mail-module

If I was more savvy in the module creating arena....I would be the first on that task....but alas.....that is not my expertise.....an email module would be awesome.

I currently use roundcube with userID from XOOPS and hmail as mail server... it is a nice interface (not to techy but more pleasing to the masses) though I only have it available to those who help with the site as XOOPS cannot pass on a password change to hmail...... well there is my two cents.......

ghia
  • 2008/11/24 13:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
There are a couple old pop3-e-mail-modules in the repository wich should allow users to access web-mail through the XOOPS site. Sadly enought they do not work
Which one did you try and which difficulties did you experience?

Qlazon
  • 2008/11/24 15:00

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

Hi,

I tried SqMail and Tropical Mail earlier this year and none of them worked. As I remember one of them didn't install properly and the other just turned up errors.

WebMailFX actually works except for the poccational problem with swedish character sets (åäö and the like). Usually this problem only appears in incoming subject lines containing such letters. Maybe a small problem that can be solved?

I'll try it out on my new 2.3 XOOPS site as well and will get back to you with answers.

Qlazon
  • 2008/11/26 12:21

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

OK, so SqMail installes, but do not show up in the admin area, and when clicking from the site menu on "SqMail" a blank page appears.

WebMailFX works flawlessly except for the problems with swedish characters and when forwarding a message containing HTML the forwarded message just appears as "weird" HTML syntax. To bad really, since it seems to work fine otherwise on new XOOPS 2.3

Login

Who's Online

270 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 270

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits