bumpeboy
Group's Image
  • 2008/10/14 23:10

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/4

How can i set special images for every group?

Example, In my site i have 3 groups

Americans
British
Australians

I want the group Americans to be identified by the American flag, British by the British flag and same to Australians.

Please help.
Thanks
Xoops is immortal.

bumpeboy
Re: Group's Image
  • 2008/10/16 20:48

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

Come on guyz, its now almost 3 days and no one has responded to my query. Can the XOOPS developers say som' even if it means saying that what i need is IMPOSSIBLE. But please dont say so, my entire faith is in xoops.
Xoops is immortal.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/16 21:24

• Anonymous

• Since:

Nothing is impossible, but (whilst not a dev) I'm pretty certain that the XOOPS core itself does do what you want.

However, there may be a module that does......

....can anyone help with this?

trabis
  • 2008/10/16 21:35

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

It depends of what you want to do, where you want your flag to display.

Also depends on your XOOPS API knowledge.

Generaly, you could use XOOPS member handler (kernel/member) function "getGroupsByUser" and play with the result.

bumpeboy
  • 2008/10/21 23:08

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks guys I just need the flag image for display only best always next to group name esp in the forum.

Trabis you seem to be having an answer to my question can i PM you?
Xoops is immortal.

sailjapan

Do you mean each user's avatar? Not sure I understand where you want to see these images...

Got a link that we can take a look at to help us understand?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

DarinAllan

Maybe we need a Groups module now, similar to the OG modules on Drupal, just to make it all a bit easier to make groups add images to groups have group homepages, group forums etc.

Organic Groups

For those who don't want to go to the link summary below

"Enable users to create and manage their own 'groups'. Each group can have subscribers, and maintains a group home page where subscribers communicate amongst themselves. They do so by posting the usual node types: blog, story, page, etc. A block is shown on the group home page which facilitates these posts. The block also provides summary information about the group.

Groups may be selective or not. Selective groups require approval in order to become a member, or even invitation -only groups. There are lots of preferences to configure groups as you need.

Groups get their own theme, language, taxonomy, and so on. Integrates well and depends upon Views module"

bumpeboy
  • 2008/10/22 20:28

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

Not avatar i mean just like the Ranks have image to identify with, similar thing but for Group.
Xoops is immortal.

sailjapan

in what situation would this image display next to the user's name? I can only imagine forums and comments. I suppose if you have a "Who's On-line" block, it might display there too...

In the forums, it would be nice for there be a way to assign a certain set of 'rank' images dependent on group membership.

something like this, perhaps.

Resized Image

Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

bumpeboy
  • 2008/10/23 22:15

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

I was hoping for something like this.

Resized Image

But

sailjapan Seems like using the rank option is the only way out.
Thanks i will have to use your idea although its half of what i needed but all in all it will get me going.
Cheerz

Xoops is immortal.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits