hiflyer
User Profile docs
  • 2008/10/18 15:12

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/7 3

Are there any docs for user profile integrated in 2.3? Can't find much here or for Smart Profile.

My specific problem is getting a new field to show. I have created a Multi-Select field and it is editable when editing a profile - but it doesn't show when viewing my own or others' profiles. How do I make it visible? And is it possible to add my custom field to the fields in the Search function?

DarinAllan
Re: User Profile docs

Quick and Dirty - Basics ;o) it's not definitive but it's a start. I am still learning myself!

;o)

hiflyer
  • 2008/10/18 17:08

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you - I will take a look. I wonder why that thread didn't show when I did searches for User Profile...?

Ok, not sure how I missed the "visibility" option but that fixed that issue - now I can see my field. Thanks!

Looks like some hacking would be needed to be able to add my custom fields to the Search function. After a brief look at the code I don't think my (incredibly little) PHP skills are up to that. Can anyone help with that?

DarinAllan

When you click on Profiles in the main menu, it then has three submenus, one of them is "Search" I am not sure of this but I don't think all types of fields are searchable, "Text Fields" are and "Radio Buttons" are, I only know this because I mainly used those types of fields. You don't seem to have the custom Profile fields included in a general search, just when you search from the Profiles Submenu "Search". That's just how it seems to work on one of my sites. Make sure that permissions are set for the fields to be searchable as well, it's one of the options in Permissions from memory.

;o)

hiflyer
  • 2008/10/18 17:58

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

Ok, I added a custom text field and it is visible and showing up in the search. I seem to recall certain types of fields listed to be searched in the PHP so my original field must not be allowed - I'll look at that closer.

Thanks, DarinAllan!

DarinAllan

Excellent, with a bit of trial and error we may be on the way to some Profile documentation of sorts.

Let us know if you find any new info that would be useful for us all ;o)

hiflyer
  • 2008/10/18 18:09

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

I promised Mambo I would work on xome XOOPS documentation - then my company went bankrupt and I got a little busy. Still plan on it when I get some time...

hiflyer
  • 2008/10/19 16:02

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

The following fields are searchable by default:
'textbox',
'select',
'radio',
'yesno',
'date',
'datetime',
'timezone',
'language'

I would really like Multi Select searchable. Looks like select_multi needs to be added to the list in search.php, but also I need to add the "case" code which right now looks beyond me - anybody know if/how it's possible to add that field (or others)?

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/19 17:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
hiflyer wrote:

I promised Mambo...

A rather humorous slip of the keyboard I think

hiflyer
  • 2008/10/19 17:04

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

LOL - sorry about that, Mamba...

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits