jdseymour
Woopra - Real Time Stats

Hi all,

I want to let you in on a new analytics program I have been testing for the last several months. It is Woopra. It is still in beta, but is very usable.

Woopra has a cross platform java desktop application that allows you to view activities on your site in real time. Other features include live chat with visitors, recorded analytics over time, geo location of visitor (where he is from), and configurable alerts for website actions.

Installation of the tracking code is as easy as google analytics, which will track the visitors to your site well. To make things easier other CMSs have plugins that do two extra things, first it will ignore the admins actions on the sites (just the straight code will track all visitors) and auto tag members with the username of that user. With just the code installed on the website you will have to tag the members manually.

They have just released developer documentation HERE if anyone is interested in creating a plugin module for XOOPS. If so they will be happy to publish it on their desktop client Installation Guide-3rd party tools page.

As of right now it is still in beta, and as such may take some time (about a week or two) to get your site/s accepted as they work to increase capacity.

I am not involved with woopra in any way other than a beta tester, but so far have enjoyed the application greatly, and want to share it with fellow xoopsers. Let me know your impressions.

eventspeak
Re: Woopra - Real Time Stats
  • 2008/10/4 20:45

• eventspeak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/20

John,

I Just had 2 of my sites approved and testing it. From what i see this is indeed a very usefull tool and one that should really be looked at by the XOOPS community. Not only is the user interface Great. The bells and whistles they have added to the desktop application are usually only found on paid services..

i am not a developer but if i was i would really look into a moduele for it. joomla and drupal have already created one for their cms.
James Trivlis
james(@)Eventspeak.com
http://www.eventspeak.com

jdseymour

Well, if anyone is interested in getting in on the beta of this app you better hurry. This was posted on their blog today:

http://www.woopra.com/blog/2008/10/08/woopra-beta-registrations-to-close-soon/

So, by now, less than 5000 site openings. Extremely glad I got all 4 of my sites registered recently. Good luck to you if you seek to submit a site.

zyspec
  • 2008/10/13 2:49

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Does look interesting. I registered for an account and have been waiting for my website to be approved for about 4 days. I wrote a simple XOOPS module to extend the user information but can't test it until I get the Woopra website ID assigned.

hervet
  • 2008/10/15 6:38

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Have you tested it on heavy sites ?

Bye,
Hervé

jdseymour

If I had a heavy site to test I would test. All of mine are low volume. There are some videos in woopra's blog that show heavy traffic recording. See:

http://www.woopra.com/blog/2008/08/20/live-woopra-video-during-a-digg-front-page/

hervet
  • 2008/10/15 11:39

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Thanks

zyspec
  • 2008/10/19 14:55

• zyspec

• Module Developer

I created an "alpha/beta" Woopra module for Xoops. I've done testing on XOOPS 2.3.1 w/ PHP5 (although XOOPS version and PHP version shouldn't matter - there's nothing unique to versions in this module).

Send me a PM if you're interested in helping test this before a general release.

jdseymour

Hello zyspec,

Upon initial testing of the module, it mostly works great. It pulls the details from the users and displays them in the desktop app including avatar, email, join date and so on.

The only problem I have found (and I tested with the code in the theme and the block method) it does not seem to detect anonymous users. Even myself if I log off the site am excluded from detection. I tested again with the stock woopra code and it detected anonymous uses fine.

Thanks for your work on this module.

zyspec
  • 2008/10/20 20:55

• zyspec

• Module Developer

Sorry John - dumb mistake. I think it's fixed now. I just emailed you a new version.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits