eireann
webphoto again
  • 2008/8/29 7:00

• eireann

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/21

Hi,
I tried to post in the forum of the creator of webphoto (ohwada) but cant get any answers there.
There is simply no one.
I tried to e-mail Ohwada, but also there no answer.
Does someone know whats going on there?

I would like to make some small changes to webphoto
so that pictures cannot be downloaded
and
I would like to correct some of those many typos, but cant figure out where to change the texts.
one example:
Quote:
* Popup the big photo, wehen click the thumbnail image
* Move to the photo page, wehen click the photo title
It all sounds a bit like pidgin and then those mistakes like "wehen"

I offerend Ohwada san to look through the module and submit mistakes for correction, but on Ohwada san's webpage there is no one to be found.

ghia
Re: webphoto again
  • 2008/8/29 8:30

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
I would like to make some small changes to webphoto so that pictures cannot be downloaded
If users see them, the download has already happened.
Quote:
I would like to correct some of those many typos, but cant figure out where to change the texts.

Did your PC come without a file searching utility?
Quote:
It all sounds a bit like pidgin and then those mistakes like "wehen"
Not all developers - people on the world have english as their native language. Therefore you might find many web translation or phonetic errors in their language files, they provide as a courtesy in English.
Quote:
There is simply no one. I tried to e-mail Ohwada, but also there no answer. Does someone know whats going on there?
Maybe he is on holiday. You should be patient!
(PS: You did ask the questions right, did you? )

eireann
  • 2008/8/30 0:35

• eireann

• Just popping in

Yes, if users seem them then the download has already happened,
but
you can display them as FLASH file or you can put a transparent GIF in front, so that people cant rightclick....save image as...

For the search utility:
My PC can search for files but not for texts within files.
If I just open the source code of a webpage then I dont know which part of the module has entered that part of text.

Quote:
Not all developers - people on the world have english as their native language. Therefore you might find many web translations or phonetic errors in the language files, they provide as a courtesy in English.

Thats exactly why I offered to help Ohwada san, look through it and correct "funny sounding stuff".

Quote:
You did ask the questions right, did you?

Well, I am usually rather direct with my questions without too much "garnish" around them.

zyspec
  • 2008/8/30 1:22

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Quote:
Most of the text you see on the front end is in ./trust_path/modules/webphoto/language/english/main.php

If you look in the other files in the same folder you will find text for the backend (admin), blocks, etc.. There's another subfolder (./english/mail_template) that contains the text sent in emails from the module.

eireann
  • 2008/8/30 6:00

• eireann

• Just popping in

Thanks,
I will have a look and see if I can find it.

I dont mind some bugs in the admin area, but in the public area it doesnt look so nice.

ghia
  • 2008/8/30 9:56

• ghia

Quote:
you can display them as FLASH file or you can put a transparent GIF in front, so that people cant rightclick....save image as...
and then they use print screen or ...
Dream on.
Media modules are for sharing, but this will not mean that everyone could do with it as they see fit. You have after all the copyright(s).
Quote:
I don't believe you are still using an OS or software from the previous millenium, (altough even then this was a common feature). In that case upgrade or get you a decent filemanager from eg Sourceforge.

Alan-A
  • 2008/8/30 13:17

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Quote:

I have always had problems trying to do this using the Windows Explorer search, which was not very reliable, at least on older Windows versions. However, most, if not all, code editors can search through files. Weaverslave is an example, and is free.

eireann
  • 2008/8/31 0:37

• eireann

• Just popping in

Quote:
I don't believe you are still using an OS or software from the previous millenium,
Ghia_,
when I installed the OS on my computer two years ago, then I had a choice to put either my Windows XP Pro on it or my old W2000 Pro.
I decided against the WXP Pro because less people now even bother creating new viruses for that and everything runs well on W2000.

Quote:
and then they use print screen or ...
tell me all about it.
Most people have just enough experience to click the right mouse button and press "save image as".

If its an image on flash, then printscreen is the oldest trick in town, but many just dont know that or they dont know what to do afterwards.
I even take SWF files apart and separate usable scripts, images and sound.
You can always do it all, but most normal surfers just dont know how.

Alan, thanks for the link.

ghia
  • 2008/8/31 2:12

• ghia

Nothing wrong with W2K. (I use it also still regulary!)
Do windows explorer - right click on directory - search - fill seek word in containing text box - click search and you get a list of files.

Alan-A
  • 2008/9/1 7:01

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Quote:

and everything runs well on W2000.

Not everything - Safari and IE7 should be a must for everyone making their own site.
Or does anyone have a workaround that I don't know about?

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits