pameeeeee
www.off2dr.com PRO Death Penalty site since 2006
  • 2008/7/4 15:26

• pameeeeee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

I launched my site back in March of 2006 using XOOPS as my platform. I have several modules running and about a year ago I even converted newbb to smf successfully! and have smf running fabulous within my XOOPS site. My traffic is excellent - though of course we always want more. I did some tweaking in May of this year and for the google search term: pro death penalty, I went from position #58 buried on like page 5 or 6 of results all the way to position #9 - first page search results, I did this in just from May - June of THIS year. I feel that is a HUGE accomplishment.

I'm a single Mom, no formal training in websites, just had the horrific occurance of murder in my family in 2004 which brought me into this very controversial issue. Today my site is one of the most current updated information sites in the world on this subject. I am proud!

I welcome you all to take a look at my site and give me some feedback. I am using the zetagenesis theme because when I first saw it, I thought to myself - that is the EXACT look I had been waiting for. So thank you XOOPS!

My site:
http://www.off2dr.com

I anxiously await your responses.

DarinAllan
Re: www.off2dr.com PRO Death Penalty site since 2006

Controversial subject aside lol, you have done a great job, well done! I would say the site will probably get a few hits over time. Good luck ;o)

mariane
  • 2008/7/5 20:18

• mariane

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/1/11

pameeeeee, your website content is great and so nice, i liked the topic , also i liked how did u use the extcal,pictures+event+discussion or comments, great job
i notice that in this pagehttp://off2dr.com/modules/mydownloads/ there is some missing icons, upload them plz, the used theme is nice but sure you can use or make better one,or add some animations or hacks or marquees, to show latest news for example or some other features
congratulation!! the site is perfect , go ahead
the road of success is always under construction

Runeher
  • 2008/7/5 22:46

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Interesting site... not going to discuss the content too much, but i have to say that i like the life in prison penalty much better.. even if someone deserves to die, keeping them alive, looked up for life must be much tougher for them...

But what do i know... seems there are a huge amount of really raw violent crimes in your country...

About the theme: zetagenesis is a great theme, but you could try to make it a bit more uniqe... it's very easy only by changing some bg images and some lines in css...

Runeher
  • 2008/7/5 22:50

• Runeher

• Module Developer

Btw. mayby this module would fit in your site:http://spacedesign.nu/modules/coder_or_killer/

cotros
  • 2008/7/11 2:20

• cotros

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/23

nice and clean as far as the design.....for the content......im a pro-life!

tkraus
  • 2008/7/18 16:47

• tkraus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/18

Pam,

Tim Kraus here. I cannot get anything on the site. Nothing happens. I suspect you tossed me out. Oh well. It was a sshort but nice stay. Good luck getting more to take their anti-crime medicine. e-mail, kraust@attinet.com or tkraus@bellsouth.net.

Kraus

incama
  • 2008/7/18 17:46

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

Runeher wrote:
Interesting site... not going to discuss the content too much, but i have to say that i like the life in prison penalty much better.. even if someone deserves to die, keeping them alive, looked up for life must be much tougher for them...

But what do i know... seems there are a huge amount of really raw violent crimes in your country...

You're kinda saying, "I'm not going to discuss the content, but I sure am".

I wasn't planning reacting at all to this thread, but my humanity side of mind makes me feel kinda sick seeing XOOPS is used to promote death. Yeah yeah, I know,.what would I think when my wife or kids were raped and killed. But remember, what about the prooven unguilty people that are murdered legaly by the US goverment? Well,.have fun, horay for evolution.
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

Runeher
  • 2008/7/18 17:51

• Runeher

• Module Developer

..not going to discuss the content too much.. I could go on for days!

skenow
  • 2008/7/19 2:57

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I am sorry for your pain and loss and pray that you will find peace.

The theme is OK, but every site should have its own look. zeta was never meant to be used 'as is', but as an example. Work on getting your own favicon, too.

A site with a topic such as this is sure to draw more comments about the content than about the site design. I look at it and wonder what you really hope to accomplish. Every web site and web page needs to have a desired outcome - what do you want the visitor to do next? Nothing there draws me in and moves me to action, or even connects me with someone who has been involved or affected by these people. Search engine results are not the ultimate goal for any site, though many treat them that way.

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits