agallthang
Changing the Banner
  • 2008/6/25 4:06

• agallthang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/6/20

I just got a new website and can not change the banner on the top from the template one that came with the website. I am new and know nothing about websites. Can anyone help?

stefan88
Re: Changing the Banner
  • 2008/6/25 11:52

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

not shure what you want to do - you have to give some more information, but:

xoops has a build in banner management - go to Administration menu -> System admin -> Banners

There you can add clients, banners and set the imapresions. If you need more flexibility you may try a module called RW Banner.

If you changed your theme (the place where the banner is displayed) but the change does not take effect, you need to clear the cache - delete all files except index.html in templates_c folder.

agallthang
  • 2008/6/25 20:52

• agallthang

• Just popping in

Hi. Thanks for responding. My site is flipmysong.com - up at the top it says "sparkles" and has a picture of a computer - I want to replace that with my own stuff.

Maybe a stupid question...but as I stated I am soooo new to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zyspec
  • 2008/6/26 0:24

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I think all you have to do is change thehttp://www.flipmysong.com/themes/xpro_066_sparkles_v1/images/header-logo.png file to have what you want.

By the way you may want to either add a .htaccess file to your theme directory to prevent browsing the directory or you could just add an index.html file in each of the theme directories. The index.html file would contain:

<script>history.go(-1);</script>

agallthang
  • 2008/7/10 23:09

• agallthang

• Just popping in

I greatly appreciate the information. I am sorry to say that I might not have been clear enough in stating my ignorance when it comes to web sites. I got this site thinking that it was dummy proof but I have proved that wrong. LOL

I went to the link that you provided and saw where the various parts of the logo are but have NO idea how to change/alter that.

Any help for a 35 year old educated woman who is an IDIOT with web sites?

ghia
  • 2008/7/11 0:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Easy is when you maintain the colour scheme and sizes of the graphics. Use a graphical editor like the Gimp to adapt the graphic files (jpg). Leave the colours at the borders the same and change only the center part. If you change colours, do this alike for all graphics. If you change dimensions, do alike for all graphics. (It's kind of Jigsaw puzzle.) But in the latter case, you will probably need to change the css file of your theme as well to have corresponding dimensions.
Upload the changed graphics to your site.

(Start always by checking to have original copies, for disaster recovery!)

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits