stuie200
Xcgal & Lighbox Effect with resize to current window option
  • 2008/6/29 10:22

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

Hi Guys,

I have been playing with Xcgal and hacking the life out of it and i have now managed to add the Lightbox effect for displaying full size pictures more profesionally without popup windows.

Example here (click main image for example)

Please see the readme.txt in the archive for further information and installation instructions.

Download here

It's still not perfect as i can not work out how to get the "previous" and "Next" function working.

If anybody can fix this or offer further assistance may i request that you reply in here so i can get the archive updated, many thanks

Regards

Stuart

P.S. Please post in this thread examples of your gallery once you get it working for all to see
"I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar."

Anonymous
Re: XCgal with Lighbox effect (resizes to current window)
  • 2008/6/29 11:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

That's a great share - thank you

One question:
The lightbox resizes to the current window. Is there anyway that the viewer can see/save that full-size image? Right-click and "Save as.."?

Quote:
stuie200 wrote:

It's still not perfect as i can not work out how to get the "previous" and "Next" function working.

If anybody can fix this or offer further assistance may i request that you reply in here so i can get the archive updated, many thanks

Another good reason to take this to the dev forge and revive the project

Who's in?

stuie200
Re: XCgal with Lighbox effect (resizes to current window)
  • 2008/6/29 14:08

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi John,

Quote:
One question:
The lightbox resizes to the current window. Is there anyway that the viewer can see/save that full-size image? Right-click and "Save as.."?

It only resizes the display of the original image but if you right click and save as it will save the original image with the original dimensions.

You can if you wish to dissable the window display resize option by editing the lightbox.js file and changing the following line:

var featBrowser true// set it to true or false to choose to auto-adjust the maximum size to the browser

to
var featBrowser false// set it to true or false to choose to auto-adjust the maximum size to the browser

paulizaz
Re: Xcgal & Lighbox Effect with resize to current window option
  • 2008/7/9 10:04

• paulizaz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/18

Hi,

I am using lightbox in extgallery, maybe you can help me:

1.) What is the difference between extgallry and xcgal?
2.) I have the link "Plus d'infos et commentaires" in the lightbox view of an image (it takes you back to the image in the gallery) - How can I change this to english?

Regards,

Paul

Mamba
  • 2008/7/10 2:54

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
2.) I have the link "Plus d'infos et commentaires" in the lightbox view of an image (it takes you back to the image in the gallery) - How can I change this to english?

Search at the lightbox files for the text - you should be then able to translate it.

I'm not sure if they have "Language files" in separate directories, e.g. /french and /english (then you would have to change the language assignment), but if not, then you can change the text directly in the file.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

stuie200
  • 2008/7/10 10:14

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
Hi,

I am using lightbox in extgallery, maybe you can help me:

1.) What is the difference between extgallry and xcgal?

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I presume you are using extgallery as that module is developed by a very tallented French developer so may i suggest along the same lines as Mambo and check your Gallery Module language files as there may be some French information in the language file that may require changing to the English equivalent.

There are no language files in the Lightbox file i supplied so if you are using this then its down to the module language files to display the info you are seeing.

The same applies if you are using xcGal but i would say the first part of this answer applies in your case.
Regards
Stuart

stuie200
  • 2008/8/16 8:34

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Has anybody had any joy as yet in getting the 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons when viewing a full size image in Lightbox working with XcGal ?

stuie200
  • 2008/12/16 11:53

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi All

Its been well over 6 months since i published the original Lightbox hack for xcGal but i am still having the issue of the "Previous" and "Next" function.

I still can not find a way to hack this last little feature into xcGal, is anybody able to shed any further light on this before i give up please?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

kerkyra
  • 2008/12/16 14:04

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

I think the images should be loaded in the page as links with the rel="lightbox[category]" where category should be the same for all!

perhaps passing the images along with their details in an array through smarty in a hidden div which will contain all the images of the specific category/album will sort this out for you.

otherwise i think this will have to be done with ajax-jquery perhaps in order to load the next image on the fly but some hacking will have to take place in the lightbox code in order to get the previous and next buttons showing.

i will give it a try but i dont guarantee any results :P perhaps the day after tommorow. :)
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

optikool
  • 2009/1/8 8:00

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

They way you get the next and previous button to work is all the images have to have the rel="lightbox[somename]" attribute. They should also be on the same page. If you want to display text, you should put it in the title attribute... like title="your text goes here". You can look at the source from my module to get an idea of what I mean here...http://www.optikool.com/modules/gallery/?file=HIN/ . Hope that helps.

Optikool

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits