• Since: 2006/6/24

Hiyas. Here's my environment

XOOPS Version: - rolled back to 2.0.18
Module Name/Version:
PHP Version: 4.3.11
MySQL Version: 4.0
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Linux
Operating System: XP sp2
Theme you are using: My own design that worked with all other XOOPS versions.
Custom template: (Yes/No) Yes and they too worked with all other versions

A full description of the issue:

ok I upgraded from XOOPS 2.0.18 to 2.0.18.1 yesterday and at first it seemed to go well, then a friend told me they couldn't log in, but I could even on a test user account with standard permissions. It didn't occur to me that i could only log in coz of my cache. Once i cleared my cache i too could not log in, not even as admin'.

At first my friend was banned from the site due to refreshing too many times and Protector Module did it's job :) but it was when i'd removed the bans from database and protector admin that I noticed we still could not log in at all.

The problem I had is when I or anyone else tries to login, it takes you to the welcome message and the system_redirect page and instead of taking you back to the main page with 'no login block visible', it takes you back with the 'login block still visible'. So it's logging you in but doesn't keep you logged in after the redirect.

This happened on my test site as well. I upgraded test site first, upgrade seemed to go well so i put it on my two live sites as well, luckily I backed up each file and directory that was being replaced by the upgrade, for each site, coz i've had to go and roll-back evry site and every file one at a time to make sure it was all done.

SO now all my sites remain on 2.0.18 coz with 2.0.18.1 noone can login.

Any ideas on what thte fix is for this or is this a bug with the 2.0.18 to 2.0.18.1 upgrade?

I checked the 'system_redirect.html' that was in the upgrade package against the one for my themes, and they are the same as far as the coding goes so i'm lost and can't upgrade.

I've never had an upgrade go wrong b4 and this one is really annoying me. Thanks in advance :)
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

DarinAllan
Re: 2.0.18 to 2.0.18.1 upgrade - login issue

I had same problem, the link below fixed my problem

Login probs

Read the whole thread if necessary ;o)

smfuser
Re: 2.0.18 to 2.0.18.1 upgrade - login issue
  • 2008/6/26 8:10

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/24

Thank you very much for that :) I made the change in that session.php file on my test site, and it works. I've only done it on my test site so far, with myself using a test account, and also got a friend to test it with a test account and all seems to work fine.

I also compared that session.php file from the 2.0.18 version with the 2.0.18.1 version and it says 'true' on the first one and 'false' on the upgrade one.. so that looks like that is the problem. There should be a article about it on the main page or in the FAQ's (unless i've missed it), so others don't have to search around for this fix.

Thanks again for lettin me know about that post :) tc
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits