jtapp
Trying to find PDF Management Tool...
  • 2008/5/3 23:19

• jtapp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/4 3

I've got two questions:

1.) How do I safely uninstall modules that are installed on my server? I downloaded several items from the repository that I don't like - such as myalbum-p, wf-downloads and a few more.

2.) All I want to do is have a page of links to PDF files.. nothing complicated.. Can you recommend anything?

Thanks!

beeblebrox
Re: Trying to find PDF Management Tool...
  • 2008/5/4 1:33

• beeblebrox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/2 1

1. Go to system / admin / modules, there is a button to deactivate each module, then a 'uninstall' button will become visible. After you uninstall each module it will appear at the bottom of the list in an 'not installed' area. AFTER you have uninstalled a module you can delete its folder from the /module directory safely. Do not delete an active module!

2. Use a static content module like Pico to make a custom html page, post your links in that.

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/4 8:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sounds like you need something relatively simple.

Try the WF-Channel module as it will do what you want.

If you want all your site's users to be able to add pages then try UserPage Module from the Instant Zero gang.

Both modules are well supported by active XOOPS developers.

jtapp
  • 2008/5/6 17:21

• jtapp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/4 3

Thanks JAVesey!
I would like to try WF-Channel.. but all of the download links I have found are broken due to a down server. Can you recommend another download area?

beeblebrox - thanks for your time as well. I was able to safely uninstall some stuff I didn't want. Unfortunately, I couldn't make my way around the Pico tool and kind of gave up.

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (188 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits