lukio
Re: Xoops 2.3 Wishlist
  • 2008/2/14 13:47

• lukio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/21

I don't know if someone ask for, but it would be nice that the login has the option to be for https (SSL)

cheers!

Khepri
  • 2008/2/14 18:10

• Khepri

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

I've asked before but here goes...

DATE....become part of the core that modules developers can call...

As it is now, each module devloper is coding their own date format...what one ends up with is some like this on the front page....either before or after a title link...frustrating hacking all that everytime.

2008/2/14

(2008-2-14)

[2008/2/14]

So, guidelines for module devs...enough with the brackets and parentheses....and a set date format with php system-wide for the core...

Oh, and SEO. Because.
Moo.

tzvook
  • 2008/2/15 8:43

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hello All
After testing Drupal 6 today for a new customer site ( didn't tested drupal for a long time) - my only wish for the new XOOPS version is that the devs will take a look at the new drupal installer and Ajaxing system.

When you install drupal, you feel like you bought a Mercedes, you continue feeling that also in the first few hours of playing with it ....
and there is so much to learn from it - I simply don't know where to begin with ( install it and see for yourself .... it's close to perfection).

THEN ... after the first hour of playing with it - you ( I at least) begins to feel .... yes, "perfection", but what about "usefullness" .... and then you realise that you miss XOOPS - it's way of managing your community sites and portals is much friendlier (much easyer for sites managers and owners).

I just want to say - XOOPS is the best I ever used when concerning to big "portal-like" and "community-based" CMS (or frameworks) ... but it hasn't moved for ages and things mov faster today - XOOPS is "still" the best - but might not be like that in the near future .... It's bast on a great core and a GREAT "management gui and structure" that looks like XXit and is not user friendly nor eye-catching
IT FEELS LIKE DRIVING THOSE 60'S CARS - STRONG , ALWAQYS BRINGS YOU TO YOUR DESTINY, BUT BELONGS TO THE PAST !!! .. the heater is not good enough, no cd, no gps

take a look @ other CMS - learn, come back to XOOPS and do it better, but keep it good and simple like XOOPS is today,

try to install Drupal not in English, but in other lang - especially RTL lang - you'll be amazed by the great support and , well - simply play with it ..... I hate installers but Drupal made it feels like a nice expirience,

terrion
  • 2008/2/15 11:48

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Event Logging. I know there are some modules that do that but they're cumbersome and fall short of what an enterprise CMS should offer. At a minimum all backend/admin updates should be logged.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

sakimura
  • 2008/2/16 2:58

• sakimura

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/7 8

Quote:

lukio wrote:
I don't know if someone ask for, but it would be nice that the login has the option to be for https (SSL)

cheers!

Why not use my OpenID Module

UserID (in this case OpenID, which can be OpenID of the user or the authentication server) does not have to be protected, and the authentication server can be https.

Regards,

Nat

giba
  • 2008/2/16 7:51

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Quote:

sakimura wrote:

Why not use my OpenID Module

UserID (in this case OpenID, which can be OpenID of the user or the authentication server) does not have to be protected, and the authentication server can be https.

Regards,

Nat

Yes, this is good option too.

I hope soon see XOOPS Brasil also being adopted in this module.

Reporting tests

jfmoore
  • 2008/2/29 17:53

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

My wish is to know when?

Jere

sarahmx
  • 2008/3/17 6:28

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

Improve the group admin page

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=63385&post_id=285370#forumpost285370

noo-b
  • 2008/4/26 12:14

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

referring to this topic...
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=63841&forum=6&post_id=287771#forumpost287771

Quote:

Hi folks!

I've notices a couple of users have added images to their signatures. It's a long-standing xoops.org policy that signatures are not allowed to contain images.

i really hope the core team should consider to have the feature of turning of bb code or disable image in signature....

i have the same issue in my site
I Love Xoops

hervet
  • 2008/4/26 12:36

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Here is a quick and dirty fix for this (removing images and html from signatures)

Edit the file /xoops/edituser.php, find this line :
$edituser->setVar('user_sig'xoops_substr($_POST['user_sig'], 0255));

and replace it with :
$signature strip_tags($myts->xoopsCodeDecode($_POST['user_sig'], 1));

$edituser->setVar('user_sig'xoops_substr($signature0255));

The better will be to also modify the form used to modify your profile to change the dhtml area used for your signature to a simple text area but ... I have no time for it.

This will run for new users and users who edit their signatures, not for members who don't change anything.

Finally, here is a last tip, you can use it for the modules.
If you want, you can remove any html tag in any data from Smarty.
For example, if you take CBB, you can do it in the template called newbb_thread.html, search this line :
<{$topic_post.post_signature}>

and replace it with :
<{$topic_post.post_signature|strip_tags}>

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits