simonev
Xoops developer wanted (paid)
  • 2008/4/4 15:05

• simonev

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/2 1

We are looking for an IT outsourcing company to support and develop our Xoops-based website and information system.

Our RFP describes the system and our requirements, and is available athttp://www.creativeclusters.com/modules/eventsystem/?fct=eventmenus&action=displaypage&id=41
Application deadline: Friday 18th April 2008.

(I hope this is the right place to post this - can't find anywhere more obvious).

Thanks.

Bender
Re: Xoops developer wanted (paid)
  • 2008/4/4 16:02

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Once upon a time i maintained a list here ...

Some developers and sites for payed projects ...
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Mamba
  • 2008/4/4 16:11

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Try Instant-Zero:

They had a lot of successful projects done in XOOPS.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2008/4/4 16:25

• Mamba

Bender, excellent idea!

Those of XOOPS developers who would like to be listed in the "Developer for hire directory", please contact me so we can update this list with the latest information.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

simonev
  • 2008/4/4 16:27

• simonev

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/2 1

Thanks, Bender. I've contacted everyone on that list - but some are now dead links.
And thanks too Mamba.

jeffgr
  • 2008/4/4 18:20

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I'd like to be added to the list of XOOPS developers as well.

http://xoopsexperts.com (user name jeffgr)

[edited]

Bender
  • 2008/4/4 20:22

• Bender

• Home away from home

@Current Xoops.org team:

Enough is enough. This is now the third privacy incident in a row at this site! Three incidents ... all open at this time. The first of them for months and acknowledged by the council. What i asked before by mail, by messenger and by pm: Take care of them.

[size=x-small]Talking about:
1. Lots of private Postings moved to public forums;
2. using content obtained through hacking or unauthorized account usuage by most likely a third party and keeping it online despite that knowledge,
3. modifying posting content without consent and not even clearly stating what was done (and now if you turn off the feature in cbb to show edits there would be no way to see it at all) Check postings i edited in the past when i was moderating to see what i understand under proper markings of modified content.[/size]

Quote from my post number 2 in that thread mentioned above: [Edited by Mamba on 2008/4/4 18:14:06]

Sorry, but what do you think you are doing?
You modified my original posting (postings?) in the linked thread without consent nor making it clear what was done to it.

I could not care less if you unstickied my topic and create your own list and sticky that. My topic was so old it would have been instantly gone far down and would probably never resurfaced since i originally locked it so no new postings can push it back up. Hell, you could even have moved it to holding and created your own one. Again i don´t care. However that list that i created is my posting. You have no right of changing its content by removing any content and let it appear as i never had that content in that list. As you might intend to add other people (which you asked for in this thread) again don´t do this under my name. Create your own topic.

And for heavens sake ... thats an old thread from long before so don´t give me that promoting whatever story.

Definately more angry from day to day,
Bender

[size=x-small]
Sidenote:
Just yesterday i answered in a pm to Mamba that despite the fact that i notified the council long time ago and they ignore it, it would probably not be the best to post this public. Adding this incident i do make a 180 degrees turn on this since quite clearly you have now proven that there is no point in not talking public about it.

Sidenote2:
I am not attacking XOOPS here i am questioning the actions taken by some of its current members. You might mean well from your point of view but your methods are not. Even if by your view i would do ... don´t throw your TOS at me. They are not the original ones when i registered and since so far no one created a module to ask users to sign new TOS when they login after TOS have changed i never accepted any others than those from the time of my original registration. So even if ... no good.

Sidenote3 (to any developers out there):
Would be nice if someone coded something like that. For vBulletin for example there is a plugin which does exactly that. [/size]
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

damaster
  • 2008/4/4 21:37

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

"Definately more angry from day to day,
Bender"

Wow, you're experimenting what you have done to others before... ^^

@simonev

After quickly read your tender document
and finishing similar project i would
suggest you another project not related
to XOOPS forks

Best Regards
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Bender
  • 2008/4/4 21:58

• Bender

• Home away from home

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
"Definately more angry from day to day,
Bender"

Wow, you're experimenting what you have done to others before... ^^

@simonev

After quickly read your tender document
and finishing similar project i would
suggest you another project not related
to XOOPS forks

Best Regards

Im am not experimenting with anything. Do you mean experience?

If i would not still think you simply do what you do for the sole reason of your personal enjoyment i would discuss it with you. So far even after the team on x.o has changed (which i would expect is more to your liking now or does it need another one?) your place seems to be xc judging by activity. So whats it other then your personal excitement for the last years with x.o?

Actually in the past you could have hinted simonev here the name of whatever product you would recommend for his specific need. Guess no more.

Mamba
  • 2008/4/4 22:08

• Mamba

Bender:

1) Reg. originally private messages showing up in public forums, we don't have any problems with moving them to the private area. As we said in the email to you and others - please pinpoint which ones, and we'll do it

2) We've said before that we're not responsible for content of messages being posted here.

3) I'll contact you off-line to discuss the other issues. It's a learning experience, so hopefully you'll be patient with us.

4) In general - the modifications on the jobs listings are done because we support only people and companies who are supporting and promoting XOOPS. We will not promote individuals and companies who are actively competing with XOOPS. I'm sorry, but I don't think that you would see Microsoft promoting Linux developers, right .

5) Please read our "Terms of use" Section 5:
Quote:
Content on XOOPS Project websites should never conflict with the Purpose of promoting and supporting the XOOPS Project and the XOOPS community.

XOOPS reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill the Purpose.

So the moderation is done from mainly one perspective - "What was the intent of the poster - is this to promote and supporte XOOPS and XOOPS users"? If it is something than can be seen as trolling or flaming XOOPS, then we deserve the right to moderate it. To be honest - I don't think that you ever met a moderator, including yourself, who made everybody happy. There will be always somebody who feels unhappy.

Time permitting, we'll try to get in touch with posters and explain why, so we all can learn from it.

Again, this is XOOPS Forums to promote and support XOOPS and XOOPS users, not to use it to promote competing individuals and projects. We don't go to Joomla, Drupal, or other boards and try to tell them what's wrong with them and to promote XOOPS. So we would appreciate if people from competing systems would leave us here alone as well. I can guarantee that every constructive feedback will be considered. We are working hard to get XOOPS back where it should be, and we don't have time for trolling and fighting, because it takes our time away from helping our users!

Bender, I'm sorry you don't feel happy. We are trying our best to do everything here as professional as possible. I'll respond to your email later, and we can continue the dialog off-line.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits