paulizaz
Re: Silktide and other site rating issues.
  • 2008/2/12 11:19

• paulizaz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/18

This is (was) an interesting discussion. I’m pleased to see that these issues are considered on xoops.

Did anyone produce any good examples of themes with disability access functionality?

Are there any available for download or demos to gain ideas?

ianez
  • 2008/2/12 11:25

• ianez

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/1/26

just working on a theme more accesible for xoops..
at the second link at the bottom you can find version 1, and I'm realeasing in a few version 2 more stable and compliant.

Ian

paulizaz
  • 2008/2/12 11:45

• paulizaz

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks, please keep us updated.

Is there anyway to allow users to change themes using your own image buttons? Perhaps you can tell me what code is used to control this so I can add it to an image with a 'a href' link?

paulizaz
  • 2008/2/12 12:00

• paulizaz

• Not too shy to talk

Also, taken a look and I like your site. I have a couple of questions you may be able to asnwer.....

1) Does the scratchy theme comply with (from the above checklist link)...

"(c) Web pages shall be designed so that all information conveyed with color is also available without color, for example from context or markup."

2) Is your top right "No Style" link easy to incorporate into an existing theme? Do you believe it complies better than the scratchy theme?

Appreciate any thoughts,

ianez
  • 2008/2/12 13:49

• ianez

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/1/26

well scratchy was the rough star scheme for my work on themes.. actually what you see at that link is Minimalist 1.0 in an old layout and the nostyle button simply cancel the call to any css leaving pure html which degrades good thanks to the absence of tables... minimalit 1 is bettere than scratchy under any side..

about the point you focus on I can say that all the contet provded by the theme is available from the context too. But remember that modules and XOOPS blocks designed that way...

the switch between css is made with a really light jscript.. anyway you can download minimalist 1 at this link:
http://www.xoopsitalia.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=758
(bottom of the page) even if in a few I'll realease the RC1 of minimalist 2 which is for sure more stable.

Ian

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits