seolio
Xoops Freelancer?
  • 2008/1/22 21:05

• seolio

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/2

I am looking for a XOOPS freelancer who knows XOOPS back to front, I am looking for some repair work to be done on my site, mainly the forum (CBB 3), as I stupidly overwrote the files from Newbb 2 with CBB 3 files and then updated the database, and I have only a few problems which I cannot seem to fix.

I did try to put the old newbb files back, but the forum completely stopped working then.

When I go to update the database I get 'Got error 134 from storage engine' come up.

I also have the IMG tag problem, where it works with lower case but not upper case, and also the online/offline images in the user info box next to each post is intermittently working, sometimes it shows a user online when they are not and sometimes it shows the truth. I am sure someone knows what is wrong?

Please someone help, PM me with your rates etc...
Thanks

~seolio~

BlueStocking
Re: Xoops Freelancer?

I would look into the possibility my server had a recent backup I could revert to.

They usually keep recent backups for your files and databases.

You can contact them and ask them to restore the backup you select.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

wishcraft

Well I am willing to have a crack at it, sounds like a sick server... $85 AUD p/h just email me or send me a private message, i might change you to a newer version of CBB, that I have been using and seems to have no fault, 3 is an old version.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Bender
  • 2008/2/7 17:35

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Ok a bit late feedback. This is partially solved and not a server issue per se:

a) CBB 3.08 was already installed and therefore it was more about the error 134 which has been declared as unimportant and more of a cosmetic problem.
In this case the error was gone after emptying (NOT dropping!) the tables newbb_forums_read and newbb_topics_read which seem to hold only the values to remember last read information of the users.
However searching this forum will show you other people had other solutions and surely other tables involved.

Response to the original question can be found here

b) Solution for the IMG tag problem can most likely be found here: (did not test this locally though)

CBB IMG case insensitive
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits