tedsmith
2.0.18 Causing Problems with SmartFactory Modules?
  • 2008/1/15 15:47

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

I posted the following thread over at the SmartFactory.ca website yesterday :

Quote:

I might be imagining it, but there seems to be a real problem with the Smart Modules and XOOPS 2.0.18.

Ever since I upgraded to 2.0.18 I keep getting problems adding new data to the following modules :

SmartClient 1.0.2 Final
SmartFAQ 1.08 Final

I get the error "An error occured. The client was not updated." when adding new data to SmartFAQ but I can edit existing entries OK. I get the error for both editing current and new data with SmartClient.

I have 0.92 of the SmartObject Framework installed. I also have WF-Resource ver 1 installed to go with WF-Channel RC2. I'm not sure if they may be conflicting in some way?

Other users seem to be having similar problems in the following threads :

http://smartfactory.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1710
http://smartfactory.ca/modules/newbb/ ... hp?topic_id=2218&forum=10
http://smartfactory.ca/modules/newbb/ ... ost_id=8999#forumpost8999

but none of the answers seem to work for me, and by what I've read, not for the people reporting the problem.

WF-Downloads 3.2 seem to be OK - I can add and edit data to that still.

Please can we look into this? I am happy to help if I can. I have several live sites with both of these modules installed and it is a bad thing if I can no longer use them. The SmartFactory modules are superb and play a primary part of all my sites - I cannot live without them!

(http://smartfactory.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2324&forum=10&post_id=9013#forumpost9013)

Can anyone tell me if the 2.0.18 strand is likely to be causing the problem and above, and if so, whether it's known about by the developers? I am told that a 2.0.18.1 patch is already being worked on? Is this likely to address this issue?

Thanks

Ted

Peekay
Re: 2.0.18 Causing Problems with SmartFactory Modules?
  • 2008/1/15 17:14

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

It's a guess, but I suppose the new sanitising of DB queries and form elements in 2.0.18 could cause a form to fail if the form submitted an integer value as text?

The sanitisation seems to be the only significant code change if the 2.0.18 release notes are to be believed.

Security improvements are great, but it would be useful if the core devs could publish some info on how to check a module for incompatibilities. It may be a very simple fix.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

tedsmith
  • 2008/1/21 11:33

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I have reported this at the XOOPS Bug Tracker so that the devs are aware (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&atid=430840&aid=1876392&group_id=41586).

Ted

hervet
  • 2008/1/21 13:07

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
It's a guess, but I suppose the new sanitising of DB queries and form elements in 2.0.18 could cause a form to fail if the form submitted an integer value as text?

The sanitisation seems to be the only significant code change if the 2.0.18 release notes are to be believed.

Security improvements are great, but it would be useful if the core devs could publish some info on how to check a module for incompatibilities. It may be a very simple fix.

I'm the author of the patches who are concerning the database.
It consists of applying an intval() function to some parameters who are supposed to be integers so I doubt that the problem comes from this and finally, Marcan added my patches to the core

tedsmith
  • 2008/1/23 17:17

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Hervet

Do you, with your connections, know what might be causing this problem? I am clueless and am desperate to have the issue fixed. I can't even seem to edit the values directly using PHPMyAdmin. When I click save it says something like 'Not saved'. It's like there's a lock on editing the fields?

Also, could you delete the bug report at sourceforge linked to above seeing as you have clairified that this is not the fault.

Thanks a lot, and any help warmly recieved.

Ted

Anonymous
  • 2008/1/23 17:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

Most odd - seems to be only some SmartFactory modules.

I'm running SmartSection 2.13/xoops 2.0.18/php 5.2.5/MySQL 4.1.20 without a problem.

Could it be a MySQL issue?

tedsmith
  • 2008/1/23 19:40

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I have smartsection installed and WF-Downloads - they are both fine. It's just SmartFAQ and SmartClient

My setup is :

Software server Microsoft-IIS/6.0
PHP version 5.2.5
MySql version 5.0.45-community-nt-log

Different MySQL to you. I wonder...

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits