MadFish
Re: Xoops community donations being used to fork Xoops?
  • 2007/12/12 16:07

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
2 users were also added to the webmaster group on xoopsinfo, Bluestocking was one of those users...and it wasn't like you wouldn't have known you had access, because you were on the site quite a lot all through the day.

So Bluestocking, maybe you would like to lecture me about 'morals' a bit more now? But after you have responded to the above, please.

vaughan
  • 2007/12/12 16:11

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

who cares BS, only you seem to care.

herko is free to support whatever open source project he likes, he is also free to do what the hell he likes with his own personal life aswell..

get over it, xoops.org is xoops.org, impresscms is impressCMS.

and to answer mambas question, impressCMS basecode is 2.0.17.1

but so far more improvements have been made, more additions have been made, more features have been added, more bugs have been fixed, and a security audit of the full sourcecode is being undertaken.

a cut off point? i can't say, because we are only at the beginning of development, so it could be 3 months it could be a year, it could be more.

but what does it matter? xoops-cube has been going longer & is still compatible with xoops.

open-source is about sharing ideas, pooling information and developing good code. XOOPS is GPL which means we can use code used in XOOPS in impresscms, likewise XOOPS can also use code that we develop for impressCMS. we will not prevent that, in fact once you take your heads out your asses, maybe 1 day XOOPS & impress can share their ideas willingly and discuss things amicably, after all that is what open source spirit is all about. But i don't see that happeninhg whilst you are so intent on causing grief and so gullible and ill-informed.

how many times have you said something Darcy, and then been proved wrong, either because you were so blatantly WRONG, or you were misinformed or just didn't have the facts only your BS opinions which you seem to portray as accurate and FACT.

can you not see that your actions are causing more grief to XOOPS than we are at moment. you confuse people with misinformation and incorrect advice, you should stick to doing the wiki instead of trying to be a tabloid journalist intent on finding a conspiracy.

svaha
  • 2007/12/12 16:13

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

A very old and succesful strategy is : divide and rule.

Please take a moment to think about this.
What doesn't kill me,
makes me stronger.

http://exm.amevita.eu
http://www.amevita.eu
http://www.alohaspirit.nl

vaughan
  • 2007/12/12 16:33

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays. - Sun Tzu

BlueStocking

Let's see if I understand this right.

Mikhail, the same Mikhail that 'some' accuse of taking down xoops.org invaded your site (three months later) and gave me admin. permissions which I should not have had.

Well, I say... +1 for Mikhail.. What took him so long to invade your site and get a backup. Maybe he plans to make the private fourms public. You think?
I hope one of the people on the XI backup list was DJ. (it wasn't me)

I am more inclined to believe I am being setup for dismissal. Give BS permissions and if she uses them we have her. Violation of "Code of Conduct" .. think maybe that may be the real issue here? ...I do!

Now, I respectfully request you provide the DPT with a copy of the contents of the private forum so they can continue with their business being fully informed of the off-site maneuvers. If it is, that most of the members already have such copy then they should also be dismissed from the DPT group.

I also request that these procedures that have been carried on XI in private be released to the public.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

hackbrill
  • 2007/12/12 17:27

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

I think this is good news. The smoke has finally cleared and all interested parties have a better understanding as to what position the other holds.

It is unfortunate however, that what was begun in secret had to be forced into the open, but now we are all the wiser.

Personally, I think XOOPS will go on as will all the forks of XOOPS. Long live XOOPS and the best of luck with ImpressCMS.

Post Tenebras Lux

vaughan
  • 2007/12/12 17:34

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Now, I respectfully request you provide the DPT with a copy of the contents of the private forum so they can continue with their business being fully informed of the off-site maneuvers. If it is, that most of the members already have such copy then they should also be dismissed from the DPT group.

i respectfully ask you to mind your own frakin business.

anything related to impressCMS is none of your business, neither is it the business of the DPT, so i respectfully decline your stupid request to disclose the icms forums to the DPT or anyone who is not a part of impressCMS.

impressCMS website has not been created yet, neither are we fully ready for opening either, what is being discussed in those forums are the plans and visions and other ideas/proposals. once we finally open the impress.org website, those forums will be moved from XI to impressCMS.org.

and as for giving back xoopsinfo to the community, let me remind you that you the community did not want xoopsinfo or xoopsaddons. but we went ahead and still developed and opened addons anyway, yes we did that for the community, but they were disregarded by the management and some of the community.. so giving back something that never belonged to xoops.org project seems a bit stupid doesn't it..

we are still supporting xoops, so we will continue to run xoopsinfo & xoopsaddons.

Anonymous
  • 2007/12/12 17:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

Let's see if I understand this right.

Looks like we're in for a long night..........

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

The same DPT that you resigned from before it even started, you mean? You seem remarkably interested in it despite this

Vaughan is right, this is nothing to do with the DPT. Had you not bailed out before the team's work started then you would be able to see some friendly and amicable banter and some of those involved with impressCMS working hard and giving their time freely for the benefit of XOOPS.

People can work on two cms systems concurrently. Who knows, there maybe some fruitful cross-fertilisation as a result. Opensource is open source; projects fork from time to time. That is the way of it.

Please stop trying to make mischief and cause ill-feeling where there isn't any.

vaughan
  • 2007/12/12 17:52

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Well, I say... +1 for Mikhail.. What took him so long to invade your site and get a backup. Maybe he plans to make the private fourms public. You think?
I hope one of the people on the XI backup list was DJ. (it wasn't me)

wow, as an admin of a project on xoops.org i seriously now question your integrity even more with that statement.

so now not only does DJ allow Damaster who is known for abusing and misusing user accounts obtaining access through illegal hacking and also breeching a sites number 1 priority that is privacy of information.

but now another of xoops.org admins openly condones a hacking done maliciously of an open-source project, we'll remember that next time mikhail hacks xoops.org, and your best friend Giba's websites and projects. we all know now because we have heard it straight from the horses mouth.. Darcy approves of people maliciously hacking websites.

to the XOOPS community, is that the kind of admins you want on this site managing your project, people that advocate malicious hacking and abuse of privacy?

Anonymous
  • 2007/12/12 18:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
vaughan wrote:

to the XOOPS community, is that the kind of admins you want on this site managing your project, people that advocate malicious hacking and abuse of privacy?

Depends how much administering the admins are allowed to do.

BS does a great job with the wiki stuff (I know I don't use it, but I do look in from time to time!), but the tech stuff should be left to those who know what they're doing.

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits