nachenko
Re: Xoops community donations being used to fork Xoops?
  • 2007/12/12 10:22

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

So this is ImpressCMS...

At this moment ImpressCMS seems fully compatible with XOOPS, and some of the changes are simply the changes we want to see in XOOPS. EXM admin panel, new default theme, editors integrated, handling of 404...

ImpressCMS developers would make me happier if they integrate this into XOOPS or XOOPS XM-XT.

So please stop screaming, there's nothing wrong working on a tentative branch (at this time, it's just a branch) at the same time you check how is XOOPS going on. I have one feet in Drupal, I'll have finished my second Drupal website in two weeks and I'm still here.

Anonymous
  • 2007/12/12 10:33

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
MadFish wrote:

Bluestocking, you have accused me of many things over the last month while working with the proposal team, including:

* Being a member of the Council, planted by DJ.
* Being a member of the Foundation, planted by Herko.
* Being a member of Impress, and (this takes the cake)
* Hacking your website.

Madfish, it's the usual ill-informed bollix presented as fact. I no longer bother reading any of her posts simply because I have no confidence in the content of them. I look elsewhere for information.

Quote:
MadFish wrote:

Further, I also invite you to put your concerns about my involvement to the members of the draft proposal team via the email list you keep spamming them with.

Posting Tourettes?

Quote:
MadFish wrote:

If a majority of them agree with you that I have 'morality issues' or think I am not acting in the best interests of project, I will cheerfully resign.

Not me. Your committment is not in question.

Mamba
  • 2007/12/12 10:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Nachenko,
Quote:
So please stop screaming, there's nothing wrong working on a tentative branch (at this time, it's just a branch) at the same time you check how is XOOPS going on. I have one feet in Drupal, I'll have finished my second Drupal website in two weeks and I'm still here.

There is nothing wrong with starting a fork of XOOPS. That's what Open Source is all about! We had it recently with XOOPS-Cube, and while this was unfortunate, I don't think that there was any problem.

The only problem with ImpressCMS is that the current Board of Directors, who should look after XOOPS interests, was actively engaged behind closed door in creating a competing fork. That's a breach of contract of their Board member responsibilities.

There is a different set of standards between a Open Source developer who can contribute anywhere he wants (like you do between XOOPS and Drupal), and a Board member of a legal entity, who has legal responsibilities, and is not allowed to have conflict of interest, or act against interests of the legal entity he is representing.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

MadFish
  • 2007/12/12 11:09

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Are you saying that ImpressCMS is adding people to their rooster of developers w/o their explicit permission? That they never contacted you about it before they added you there?

I expect that the list is otherwise reasonably accurate and I do not believe anyone has acted maliciously. In my case I suspect it is just an error because I am a member at xoopsinfo, various teams and participate in various mailing lists and whatever and will continue to do so! I am not a developer and this is well known, so I don't think anyone would be particularly happy to see me listed as a coder.

damaster
  • 2007/12/12 11:27

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Yes, it indeed is very sad.

But this also is presenting a serious ethical, moral, and legal issue for the XOOPS Foundation Board of Directors: Herko, Marcan, and DavidI2.

First, let's set the baseline: Board of Directors of the XOOPS Foundation has the ethical, moral, and legal responsibility to look after the best interests of the XOOPS Project. Nothing different from a Board of Directors of any company. The mission of the Foundation is clear about it - it is to: "support the XOOPS Project and the XOOPS Community in any way it can." That's what Herko, Marcan, and DavidI2 committed to by becoming a member of the Board.

Now let's go through the timeline:

Sept. 13th: Marcan, while a member of the XOOPS Foundation, who is obligated to "support the XOOPS Project and the XOOPS Community in any way it can" creates ImpressCMS project, which is a fork of XOOPS, and thus a competitor of XOOPS:

a) he creates ImpressCMS project on SourceForge
b) he registers www.impresscms.org and www.impresscms.com, of which DNS address is then forwarded to his server INBOXHOSTING.COM

He is joined on this ImpressCMS project by Herko and David I2, while there are still members of the Board of Directors of the XOOPS Foundation and who supposed to look after XOOPS Interests!

All this is happening in a secretive manner. Outside, they present themselves as fully loyal XOOPS members, publishing on:

Oct. 10, 2007 XOOPS Manifesto

Nov. 14, 2007 New Community Initiatives

In the meantime they are actively recruiting XOOPS developers to join their efforts (current list as of Dec. 12 includes 20 developers.) All this while they are still members of the XOOPS Board of Directors.

Now, by ANY ethical, moral, and legal standard, this is a clear "breach of contract" and violation of their Board duties. One just CANNOT be in a good faith a member of the XOOPS Foundation with the mission to "support the XOOPS Project and the XOOPS Community in any way it can", and at the same time actively create a competing project and actively recruit developers from within the XOOPS Community for it.

Since The XOOPS Foundation / Stichting XOOPS is a legal entity under Dutch law, such behavior has clear legal consequences for the Members of the Board of Directors who are clearly acting in bad faith and with the intent to damage XOOPS - after all I don't think that anyone of them would believe that "Hey, if we create ImpressCSM, it will help XOOPS".

Therefore, I would like to formally request that:

a) Herko, Marcan, and DavidI2, have to IMMEDIATELY resign from the XOOPS Foundation, as they clearly violated the trust of the XOOPS Community and committed illegal and unethical activity.

b) Before they resign, the should appoint to the Foundation Board the current Project Leader, who is DJ. This will ensure continuity of the Board and fulfill the legal requirements of the XOOPS Foundation.

c) DJ and the Project Council will appoint additional members of the XOOPS community to the Board, so the Foundation can move forward with its tasks and objectives.

I truly hope that out of respect for the XOOPS community, Herko, Marcan, and DavidI2, will do the right thing and accept the consequences of their actions, which were clearly in violation of legal requirements of the XOOPS Foundation Board of Directors, and in violation of any ethical and moral standards that I know of, and resign from the XOOPS Foundation Board of Directors!

Come on guys - by creating ImpressCMS, a competing project for XOOPS, you've made your decision and crossed the legal, moral, and ethical line, so please be men about it, and resign from the XOOPS Foundation!

This clear resume and focus on the XOOPS problem for years now.

+1
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

script_fu

This really just takes the cake. Not only have they jacked the project then they come over here and lie about what their doing.

Herko was listed twice the first time he was removed and yesterday he was listed in the project admin along with David.

Now

I state that on 12-11-07 that the...
Project admins of the impresscms are: andrewvincent, jmorris77, malanciault , davidledbury2 & herkocoomans.

These were the project admins yesterday. Thats the facts so you must be ill informed. They then hide davidl2 and herko again.

script_fu

Please also note that as of 6:46 am est that xoopsinfo, xoopsaddons xoopsfoundation sites are down.

Also note that when this thread posted last night that the online status was hidden on xoopsinfo in yet another attempt to hide the deviant nature of the members.

Mamba
  • 2007/12/12 12:04

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Please also note that as of 6:46 am est that xoopsinfo, xoopsaddons xoopsfoundation sites are down.

Xoopsfoundation is working for me.

But yes, it was kind of odd that shortly after a discussion between you, vaughan, and BlueStockings happened in this thread, the xoopsinfo and xoopsaddons Websites went down for maintenance.

I'm sure, there is a good technical reason for this, and I hope, the admin from these Websites will tell us what happened. Obviously, it was not a previously scheduled maintenance as I didn't see anything announced about it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

script_fu

I confirm XOOPS foundation is back up.

frankblack
  • 2007/12/12 12:17

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Wishing back the good old times, where XOOPS meant fun and community. An open statement from the "leavers" seems to me a good idea, which will never come I fear.

Who wants to join me creating a new fork called POOP (PURELY egO ORIENTED PORTAL)? I guess thats what its all about nowadays.

sad, sick and disappointing

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits