torweb
Can't get permission to view SmartSection
  • 2007/12/10 20:56

• torweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/5 1

All of a sudden I can't get permission as Anonymous to view SmartSection. I have the permissions set in the Groups window for Anonymous as well as in SmartSection...

Does anyone have a clue about this...I'm desparate

Thanks in advance

Cuidiu
Re: Can't get permission to view SmartSection
  • 2008/5/19 1:08

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

I'm having the same problem. Nothing sticks as far as permissions go. When I make a new category, the permission to read articles defaults to registered users only, no matter how many times I change the "Apply read permissions on articles" or select boxes on the permissions page. I need anonymous to view. Is there any way I can edit the database? I have smartsection cloned vs 2.13. XOOPS 2.0.16.

TIA
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/19 8:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
torweb wrote:

All of a sudden I can't get permission as Anonymous to view SmartSection. I have the permissions set in the Groups window for Anonymous as well as in SmartSection...

Has your host changed anything on the server?

What version of xoops/SmartSection/php are you running?

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/19 8:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Cuidiu wrote:

the permission to read articles defaults to registered users only, no matter how many times I change the "Apply read permissions on articles" or select boxes on the permissions page. I need anonymous to view.

Have you given module access permissions to Anonymous in Admin>Groups?

Quote:
Cuidiu wrote:

Is there any way I can edit the database? I have smartsection cloned vs 2.13. XOOPS 2.0.16.

Do you have an uncloned version? If so, does this work okay on your site/server?

Cuidiu
  • 2008/5/19 8:57

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:
Have you given module access permissions to Anonymous in Admin>Groups?

Yes. I keep checking there and under permissions in the module itself. Doesn't matter what I set, it won't stick.
Quote:
Do you have an uncloned version? If so, does this work okay on your site/server?

I have two cloned and one uncloned but not using the uncloned. So I reactivated and added a test article and it works even though the category page still shows no to the "apply read permissions to articles" radio. Anon can read that one but can also read some of the articles in the cloned versions. It's hit and miss. I don't understand why I can't find the area in the database to change this. It should be fairly simply, I'd think. Change 0 to 1 for perms or the like but can't find it anywhere. Thanks anyway.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

landry
  • 2008/8/5 2:09

• landry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

I am working with an uncloned copy of Smartsection and having the same problem. I have checked and double checked all permissions and even registered users cannot view the content in this module.

I am at my wit's end with this project. Does anyone have a suggestion that I can try?

Website URL:http://www.vanderbilt.edu/americas

XOOPS Version: XOOPS 2.2.3 Final

SmartSection Version: 2.13

PHP Version: 4.3.9

MySQL Version: 4.1.20

Server Software: Apache

User's Browser: behavior is present in all browsers under OSX, WinXP and Vista

Note: on the staging server, SmartSection works fine ... no problems. This issue is only present on the live server.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits