MinnesotaW
Re: Help, Login recognizes you, but doesn't give permissions
  • 2007/11/4 19:42

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

Quote:

tcnet wrote:
This started happening on my site after I upgrade to 2.17.1. Only occurs when using IE7. Firefox works fine.

Contrary to upgrade instructions, I turned sessions off and all is well now.

Have you viewed with Firefox? Tried turning off sessions?

I'm good now.

I pulled a backup of my site and yanked out the mainfiles and replaced them in the root directory and magically...the site started to function again.

Is it really fixed?? I have no idea because nobody has touched those files in months...perhaps a little corruption in mainfile or something like that.

skenow
  • 2007/11/4 22:42

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

MinnesotaW wrote:
Sadly I'm with Ipower which is a huge mistake for anyone out there thinking of looking for a new host provider.

IPower, huh? Me too - there have been some bumps along the road for me, but overall, a pretty good experience (when things are running properly).

Have they migrated you, yet?

MinnesotaW
  • 2007/11/5 0:53

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

Quote:

skenow wrote:
IPower, huh? Me too - there have been some bumps along the road for me, but overall, a pretty good experience (when things are running properly).

Have they migrated you, yet?

Nope not yet...still on the "transition" page.

What my experience has been...we signed up and originally had a PHPNuke site going. At first it was excellent and our site was very fast...then as time went along there were various issues that would pop up and they'd generally solve them in 24 hrs.

Then we migrated to XOOPS and after about a month, the site would lose it's database every couple of weeks. It would come back and be blazing fast for a couple of days then slow to a crawl and then crash. Submitting a ticket they claimed the server never crashed and there were no problems, it must have been us.

After some error log tracking for them, they admitted they had a problem and claimed to have fixed it. A month later we were submitting a ticket to move servers.

The put us on a new one and it again was blazing fast...but in the last 2 months it crawls for 10 to 30 minute periods and then goes back to satisfactory.

NOW if you submit a ticket with them, you are lucky if you get a response within 2 weeks!! One of our reports stopped working and I submitted a ticket...2 weeks later they responded that there was nothing wrong with it...so I did screen shots and sent back that they weren't working...2 weeks after that they finally fixed it.

There were plenty of other episodes with them that will not make us renew and we've been shopping for a reasonable provider because we know our storage and mb/month requirements quite solid.

Hey I finally realized you are a local! I'm in Plymouth!

DjMikeWatt
  • 2007/11/9 4:18

• DjMikeWatt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/7 2

I have a similar issue and I'm stuck. First, I have a fairly complicated XOOPS install on another site and, for the most part, have no problems...

I have a ridiculously simple install that I'm using for my Dad's DJ business... the only log-in is the admin (because we're not using registrations).

I've hidden the log-in box, and been clicking on the user.php link in the navbar to log-in. It worked, but now today it doesn't. It says "Thanks for loggin in, Admin" but then returns me to the home page with no rights. I even typed admin.php into the URL to try to skip past it, but it tells me that I don't have significant rights...

Very odd, since nothing has happened since it was working. I didn't quite understand what was being discussed below... I'm not that tech yet... anyone have ideas??

ukandrewf
Re: Help, Login recognizes you, but doesn't give permissions - solved
  • 2007/12/4 0:49

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

I have a similar issue. My hosting company fasthosts just got hacked. First they recomended select clients change login passwords and sql passwords etc then the forced everyone to make that change. My site was down for 24 hours before i realised the problem.

Anyway changed all my passwords updated the sql database user and password link in mainfile and the site was back (thankfully) however now when i try to login I get the same problem. "thanks for loggin in..." but then loads back as if not logged in and doesn't give admin permissions.

Anyone got any ideas? one idea someone here had was that the hosting company could have changed something to cause the problem. What could they have changed?

thanks

Andrew

trabis
  • 2007/12/4 1:42

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I have one for you. Check you database and repare it. Probably you have a damaged SESSIONS table. It happened to me a couple of times. The login is done but not recorded and with no session you are doomed to logout!

ukandrewf
  • 2007/12/7 11:24

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

How can i repair the db? what do i do?

pipwax
  • 2007/12/9 14:08

• pipwax

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/12

I am having the same problem. I need some direction on using my phpMyAdmin
pipwax1@bellsouth.net
Quote:
To win in life one must be fluid like water, taking the shape needed to prevail

aspring IT Professional

pipwax
  • 2007/12/9 14:10

• pipwax

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/12

I think that my problem is that I have no special user ranks database.
pipwax1@bellsouth.net
Quote:
To win in life one must be fluid like water, taking the shape needed to prevail

aspring IT Professional

trabis
  • 2007/12/9 14:48

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

How to repair the session table is covered here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=61877&forum=27&post_id=279099#forumpost279099

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits