tom
Re: Yogurt Social Network Service
  • 2007/11/15 21:34

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Have you looked at the Joomla extension to nick some idea's as they have one mean extension called 'Community Builder', it's one reason I'm contemplating future sites being built with Joomla, as this extension is pretty darn cool.

You can check it out @http://www.joomlapolis.com

[EDIT]

The purpose of the post is to point the developer of Yogurt in the direction of a similar system on another CMS to borrow some ideas.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

suico
  • 2007/11/16 16:50

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/24

Ok after a long period absent from the thread here I am

A lot of interesting discussions are going on here.

So let me try to answer everyone:

Quote:

very good news my friend
i read the full article on your site.
Congratulations!!!!! ill be waiting for the release.
Im sorry that i cant take time to help translate it
I would do it in spanish (even though im Italian and African HAHAH )
I just dont have time right now to help with that.

Yes please Thanks for offering

Quote:

congrats...can't wait for this release
p/s it will be great if this can me made and integrate with yogurt

The ignore feature will not be coded for this 3.0 version .
But for sure it is an important and easy feature to implement and is a must have for the next version 4.0 (code will be changed in 4.0 to ajax possibilities based on jquery)

Quote:

this is really good news...congratulations

Thanks

Quote:

Hi suico,

This is really a great XOOPS module that i ever seen! Well done! I could help on chinese translation.

By the way i would like to know the person who joining a tribe need any approval from the owner of the tribe? I think this sound reasonable, 'cause i may not want all the ppls to join my tribe. Hope you still have time to look this!

Best Regards,

-Daniel

Daniel this was tormenting my mind as I haven t done it and I fell like I should had done. I still haven t decided if I will do this before the beta release but it is also a must have feature, and if i have time to do this for this version without having to postpone the release date again I will do, but if I see I can do this only if the release date is postponed again then I think I won t do it. Many users are willing to have yogurt asap and I am very hapy with this , don t want to let them down. But you are right , very reasonable feature , and will be implemented at some moment in the future. Sorry to disapoint you if this is not the answer you expected :(

Quote:

Hello i have made a Italian translation for this module.

it could it are to us some (little)error!

download here

Francesco

Thanks for the italian translation

Quote:

sucio i see a bug in the USER MENU.
not sure where to post bug reports.

(this one is in YOUR installation on your domain)

once logged in, i see my user menu. In it is a link called MY PROFILE
however the link embeded in this text is
http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/modules/yogurt/index.php.php

(please notice the additional ".php" at the end)

Bug corrected on my local version already.
obs: sucio means dirty in some languages , my nick is suico from suiço that means from Switzerland, an hommage I made for those who have received me so well for 5 years when I was young.

@malta and sinor
Thanks for the feedback , that motivated me more than you can imagine.

Quote:

by Feichtl on 2007/11/13 17:20:19
German translation in progress and will be sent to you in the next few days.

Thanks I already received your translation

Quote:

by preachur on 2007/11/14 4:51:13
I tried it on 2.2.5 and it did not work.

by surfinsaxman on 2007/11/14 4:24:55
Will this module work with XOOPS 2.2.4?

No prevision to work on compability for this version soon, sorry :(

Quote:

by tom on 2007/11/15 18:34:35
Have you looked at the Joomla extension to nick some idea's as they have one mean extension called 'Community Builder', it's one reason I'm contemplating future sites being built with Joomla, as this extension is pretty darn cool.
You can check it out @http://www.joomlapolis.com
[EDIT]
The purpose of the post is to point the developer of Yogurt in the direction of a similar system on another CMS to borrow some ideas.

I looked at the extension and Liked it a lot. Some ideas are already growing in mind mind for next versions. Thanks very much! Hope this yogurt module can help you in your projects

Now the most interesting discussion was the one about the name of the scraps and tribes. What to use, scraps , comments, messages, notes? Tribes , groups , communities, networks, societies?

Well many names can be given , and I think this discussion is healthy. In facebok they use wall for the scrapbook feature, in orkut as Damaster pointed it well they call it scrapbook. I still don t have a defined idea on the subject . What do you think guys? PLease do post your comments and arguments, I 'll take everything under consideration.

@preachur
Thanks for the code you sent me for the tribe template already using it.

I also received the french translation of the module by email and I thank Erik Philippe for that.

So for now I have:
French
German
Italian
English
Arabic (mowafac is doing it)

Still missing some languages isn t it?

For now some development news:
I have added today some tabs to the module. They show in the navbar and can have 3 states:
enabled(user have rights to visit)
disabled (admin has enabled the feature but the user has disabled it for your current privilege. Privileges are anonymous 0, users 1, friends 2, only me 3)
invisible (admin has disabled the feature and it doesn t show up in the navbar)

A picture worth more than a 1000 words:

Resized Image

Hope you keep following the thread, and liking it.

Cya
Yogurt Social Network Service
Visit:http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/

tom
  • 2007/11/16 16:57

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
Well many names can be given , and I think this discussion is healthy. In facebok they use wall for the scrapbook feature, in orkut as Damaster pointed it well they call it scrapbook. I still don t have a defined idea on the subject . What do you think guys? PLease do post your comments and arguments, I 'll take everything under consideration.

Could you not just make this field dynamic and allow the admin/webmaster to choose it themselves?

(I know it would be easy enough for them to edit the lang file)
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

mjoel
  • 2007/11/16 19:06

• mjoel

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/12/9

nice thanks for the updates suico...

-- any expected date of release ?

-- is search member feature will be included in this version ?

-- how do the upgrade from yogurt (user's photos) to yogurt social networks works ?

--my2cents: the tabs feature will be much more nicer if ajax tab is used http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/

shalommemphi

I might have missed this in regards to TRIBES - Which I simply call COMMUNITIES .

Will the administrator be able to limit tribe creations? Such as not allow users but create a specific number of TRIBES?

In my case it would be a tribie (COMMUNITY) for each state in the U.S. to help my diversified membership locate others in the same state.
Helping each other with Knowledge

sarahmx
  • 2007/11/22 10:56

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

it would be cool if xoopstube can be integrate with yogurt (video section)

as example user select video from xoopstube module to be featured in the profile

danielwoo
  • 2007/11/22 13:42

• danielwoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/3

Quote:

Daniel this was tormenting my mind as I haven t done it and I fell like I should had done. I still haven t decided if I will do this before the beta release but it is also a must have feature, and if i have time to do this for this version without having to postpone the release date again I will do, but if I see I can do this only if the release date is postponed again then I think I won t do it. Many users are willing to have yogurt asap and I am very hapy with this , don t want to let them down. But you are right , very reasonable feature , and will be implemented at some moment in the future. Sorry to disapoint you if this is not the answer you expected :(

No problem suico, take your time. I look forward to this feature in future.

As promise, I'm sending back simplified chinese (utf8 encoding) language pack to you. Most of translations are done except for one of admin page, i will finish it when i have time these days.

-Daniel

suico
  • 2007/11/24 21:23

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

by tom on 2007/11/16 13:57:04

Could you not just make this field dynamic and allow the admin/webmaster to choose it themselves?

(I know it would be easy enough for them to edit the lang file)

It could be done , but as you said it is easy enough to be edited on lang file.

Quote:

by mjoel on 2007/11/16 16:06:55

nice thanks for the updates suico...

-- any expected date of release ?

-- is search member feature will be included in this version ?

-- how do the upgrade from yogurt (user's photos) to yogurt social networks works ?

--my2cents: the tabs feature will be much more nicer if ajax tab is usedhttp://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/

Release date: Probably tomorrow

YEs Search member is included

As it the same module just an update I think will suffice, I have to test this before tomorrow

I had a look at the ajaxtabscontent and found it beautiful, but not that beautiful that I need to change to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:

by shalommemphi on 2007/11/19 22:13:07

I might have missed this in regards to TRIBES - Which I simply call COMMUNITIES .

Will the administrator be able to limit tribe creations? Such as not allow users but create a specific number of TRIBES?

In my case it would be a tribie (COMMUNITY) for each state in the U.S. to help my diversified membership locate others in the same state.

Communities is the same from orkut, I like it but won t change it for tomorrow version :(

No every member is allowed to create tribes for now, can be added to next version though.

Quote:

by sarahmx on 2007/11/22 7:56:39

it would be cool if xoopstube can be integrate with yogurt (video section)

as example user select video from xoopstube module to be featured in the profile

Have to talk to the developer of xoopstube, could be easily done.

Quote:

No problem suico, take your time. I look forward to this feature in future.

As promise, I'm sending back simplified chinese (utf8 encoding) language pack to you. Most of translations are done except for one of admin page, i will finish it when i have time these days.

-Daniel

Added to the credits, thanks

What s missing before release:
Adjust the 3 blocks to show last pictures, friendiest members and remove hottest albuns (old feature removed from this version

I hope you 'll like it when released tomorrow.

sarahmx
  • 2007/11/25 1:22

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

Thank you suico

tomorrow will sure be a big & historic day for xoops

suico
  • 2007/12/4 0:57

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

Beta version released on www.marcellobrandao.eti.br
Please do report bugs there. Thanks

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits