lucas23
Need content management module with WYSIWYG editor
  • 2007/11/1 4:09

• lucas23

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/9 2

Hi,
I'm just finishing a project and I need a content management -news, indeed- module with WYSIWYG editors for users. I had many troubles configuring FCK for News Module -couldn't, in fact-, also I tried SmartSection with FCK and it had errors. So I decided to try Articles and AMS, but had troubles too. News and Smart looks like the most stable modules for this, but I can't make them work with editors. Maybe someone could give some advice on this. I read a lot about this trouble and just add more confusion. It's a little frustrating...
Hope anyone can help.
TIA,
Lucas

lucas23
Re: Need content management module with WYSIWYG editor
  • 2007/11/5 14:31

• lucas23

• Just popping in

Any suggestions?

tcnet
  • 2007/11/5 14:48

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Article 1.00 by phppp uses the class "xoopseditors" which contains Koivi, Fck, Extended Dhtml and BBcode text editors. This class allows module makers to easily incorporate selectable wysiwyg editors into their modules.

Anonymous
  • 2007/11/5 16:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

I use SmartSection 2.13 with Koivi from the xoopseditor package on XOOPS 2.0.17.1 without a problem. Works very well, in fact.

HTH

damaster
  • 2007/11/5 16:41

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Gijoe module PICO + FCKeditor + KFM (Ajax filemanager extension)
The last and best code out there! Just check the options list.
http://xoops.peak.ne.jp/

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

lucas23
  • 2007/11/17 22:41

• lucas23

• Just popping in

Many thanks everybody. I found very interesting the options you guys gave me, and I will try it for sure.
But finally got News module to function "almost" right. With some bugs, but works. and IMHO News is an excelent module, so I will try to improve the integration between this module and the editors.
If anybody has the same trouble, I got it to work following the changes suggested on this thread:
http://xoops.instant-zero.com/modules/newbbex/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=47&forum=1

McDonald
  • 2007/11/17 23:15

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Instead of FCKeditor you should try Tinyeditor which is based on TinyMCE. According to me this is one of the best wysiwyg editors available for Xoops.
I am not sure if Tinyeditor is available for download now dev.xoops is down.

Have you tried the content module Article? As far as I know this is the only content module that let you publish an article in more than one category without cloning it.

seth_sd
  • 2007/11/18 0:10

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
Instead of FCKeditor you should try Tinyeditor which is based on TinyMCE. According to me this is one of the best wysiwyg editors available for Xoops.
I am not sure if Tinyeditor is available for download now dev.xoops is down.

Have you tried the content module Article? As far as I know this is the only content module that let you publish an article in more than one category without cloning it.

Just installed Tiny the other day based on a posting by you Mcdondald that I saw on the Smartfactory forum and it works great.

I downloaded it at Xoopsaddons.org -http://www.xoopsaddons.org/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=12&lid=906
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

lucas23
  • 2007/11/20 20:15

• lucas23

• Just popping in

I downloaded Article 1.00, installed and it seems interesting, but I'm a bit hurried with this project -must close it before friday-. SO I decided to make it with news + FCK. However, will try Article and also TinyEditor in next projects. I heard Tiny and Koivi had security problems in the past, could it be possible?

frankblack
  • 2007/11/21 12:05

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
I heard Tiny and Koivi had security problems in the past, could it be possible?

I can only speak for Tiny. There WAS a security problem regarding the gzip-compressor, which was sorted out a while ago.

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits