seth_sd
Re: Shopping Carts - Latest XOOPS consensus
  • 2007/11/12 21:55

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

Will_H wrote:
Yeah, security is the main reason I prefer separate databases.

I am sure Herve's modules kicks ass.

Herve's module is very nice, indeed.

I have been looking at OSCommerce as well but when you put them side-by-side and compare simplicity and ease of management for a simple store there is really no comparison.

For more complexity such as shipping charge calculations, payment processor integrations and so on then it's probably a different story. Just my .02 cents.

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

debianus
  • 2007/11/12 23:49

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Another option: RMSOFT Shopper (in action here).
More information in
http://www.redmexico.com.mx/

Marco
  • 2007/11/13 7:59

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

For more complexity such as shipping charge calculations, payment processor integrations and so on then it's probably a different story. Just my .02 cents.Seth

we made several times, on demand, some add-ons to manage specific charges, rebates, and paiement managements. Usually our customers have different needs, so those area a made to feet their needs, allaways custom made.Moreover, the module is able to sell whatever you want, goods, services, and also files.
Do synergy or die.

tom
  • 2007/11/13 10:19

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Hi Hervé

Quote:
What do you mean ?

What I mean is originally it was geared more towards books, however as Smart stated above you've since done more work on the module from the last time I saw it. So I was simply stating if it has in fact become more dynamic as to what products can be sold through it, then it would definitely be the module to test for the users needs.

Do you still have a running demo going?
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

hervet
  • 2007/11/13 11:36

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

tom wrote:
Do you still have a running demo going?

Bookshop is publicly visible, not Myshop.

paulizaz
  • 2007/11/14 11:03

• paulizaz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/18

Thanks, Some good posts.

Think im going to test Oscommerce.
Herve's sounds great but I do get the feeling there is some commercial advertising going on here.

Sorry, its just I need to do this in a strict budget.

@ Seth_sd, which one is simple? Which one might struggle with complexity?

smart2
  • 2007/11/14 11:10

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

Quote:
Herve's sounds great but I do get the feeling there is some commercial advertising going on here.

Not from me I'm a client not the seller.

Quote:

Just depends on how much you evaluate the time you'll spend versus the price of a sold solution.

If you want a promising open source solution integrated with a CMS, take a look at Ubercart for drupal.
Seems promising, but a bit buggy for the moment.

tom
  • 2007/11/14 13:06

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
Another option: RMSOFT Shopper (in action here).
More information in
http://www.redmexico.com.mx/

You know I forgot all about that sorry. The last time I tried to evaluate it I don't think there was an English lang pack and I didn't have time to work that out, is there an Eng Lang pack now.

I gotta say from seeing this at tempa themes, it looks very impressive. More could be done with this module to market it to the UK market.

Quote:

Oh I'm sorry I honestly thought you wanted to know your options, hence why I gave them.

Just to note, I'm in no way affiliated with Hervé or his company, I am simply a user of his modules, like the FREE news module for one, because of this I have trust in his abilities and his code.

Quote:

Strict budget is cool, however when security comes to mind, using a buggy module which isn't out of beta could mean security risks with users personal information like credit card details, homes address, etc, and a lawsuit could be more costly adding to your strict budget.

This is why I asked if you had money to invest, then added "If not then personally I would stay clear of XOOPS for Commercial purposes".

Meaning use ZenCart or OSC as standalone.

Joomla also have some good options, I believe they also have shopping carts made specifically for their CMS.

Quote:

If you use either of the standalone versions, they can normally cope with simplicity or complexity.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

seth_sd
  • 2007/11/14 13:15

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

paulizaz wrote:
Thanks, Some good posts.

Think im going to test Oscommerce.

I do not think there is any intentional advertising going on here. Herve's module is commercial but it is very well done. In order for someone to properly evaluate commerce options for XOOPS they would need to know about this module. There has always been the need for a native commerce module for XOOPS and this is the first one that I have seen with this level of functionality.

As far as complexity goes, I think that OSCommerce has been around forever and has many options. Herve's module is very straight forward. When I looked at it I found it to have most everything you could want but some may find they need more in which case OSCommerce may work better for you. From my perspective simple is better.

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits