psaxtiri
Is there a trick for a backup?
  • 2007/10/28 12:49

• psaxtiri

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/17

I want to add pictures for the xcgal module I just install.
The problem is that the pictures file is about 160 Mb size!
I have free space at my host but if I put the picture file at my “public_html” then it increase the back up I take!

I would like to give me a solution. Where to store the pictures file so not to have to include it to my back up?

The negative is that I don’t have the ability to choose what files to take backup. I have to take the hole “public_html” or the whole site. I ask my host about a crone script maybe but there is no such thing and I don’t want to use something I will find over the internet because I don’t know if this is safe.

Do I have to change the xcgal path for pictures somehow to achive this?
Greece.
Xoops 2.0.18.12

MadFish
Re: Is there a trick for a backup?
  • 2007/10/28 12:58

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You could try uploading your photos onto one of the free photo-sharing websites (there are many), and just link to the URLs there.

jfmoore
Re: Is there a trick for a backup?
  • 2007/10/30 15:39

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
You could try uploading your photos onto one of the free photo-sharing websites (there are many), and just link to the URLs there.

Can you do this in xcgal? Or any other gallery module? If so, this would be great. Not only could you use one of the free services, but you could set up a server at home, link to the photos there, and not have to upload anything! Please, tell me it's true!

Jere

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits