nachenko
Re: Added Debug Functionality in 2.2.5
  • 2007/10/25 23:39

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

I've been developing a project in Drupal and I can now say...

XOOPS debug console is a killer feature and it's one of its strongest points. Push improvements in debug console as much as possible, as this is one of the main advantages over other systems.

phppp
  • 2007/10/25 23:43

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Agreed.
debug console is being improved.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/10/25 23:43

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I have to agree with you. I have developed on Xoops, Joomla and Drupal and I have to say that any version of XOOPS beats Joomla and Drupal for debugging and error handling. Actually in the version of Joomla I use, I actually implemented and better debugging system and error handling.

I also added loads more with Zarilia like group debugging and a whole load of other things to help. Right now I am adding a better error handling system for my XOOPS work horse.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/10/25 23:47

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Agreed.
debug console is being improved.

Its a shame that you cannot bring development discussion over to XOOPS where is should belong and give everyone and not just developers the chance to actually discuss the future development of Xoops.

FYI, just because your not a programmer doesn't mean you cannot contribute. FYI, non techie people do not like going to sourceforge, in fact a lot of techie people don't either and I am one of them.

damaster
  • 2007/10/26 0:16

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Just for teasing

Maybe it should be preferable to invest time and energy on better coding instead spend it on debug !?

My 2 cts (swiss cheaper than euros)

Any way, Have Fun living your life!

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

phppp
  • 2007/10/26 1:27

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

catzwolf_ wrote:

Its a shame that you cannot bring development discussion over to XOOPS where is should belong and give everyone and not just developers the chance to actually discuss the future development of Xoops.

Catz, although I believe you already read dave_l's post, I don't mind helping you find out what happens.
For this specific topic, go to:
http://xoops.wiki.sourceforge.net/2.2.x-2.0.x_differences

Have fun : -)

Catzwolf
  • 2007/10/26 5:44

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

phppp wrote:

Catz, although I believe you already read dave_l's post, I don't mind helping you find out what happens.
For this specific topic, go to:
http://xoops.wiki.sourceforge.net/2.2.x-2.0.x_differences

Have fun : -)

I think you totally have totally misread my post regarding this issue. I am well aware of the site that you have directed me to. My point is and has always been that this information should be made available here at Xoops.org and not on sourceforge.

I will state again for the record, I beleieve that all xoopsers should be allowed to participate in the direction of development and not just a few select people. Joomla and drupal can do this why can't we? I also believe that dev.xoops as a sub domain within a framework of this site should be used for such a purpose.

This will help promote a community spirit and co-operation rather than again fragmenting this community even further.

Dave_L
  • 2007/10/26 6:37

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Catz, why are you still here? Every other day you hijack someone else's thread and threaten to leave XOOPS unless everyone does things your way. I'm amazed that anyone continues to take you seriously.

stefan88
  • 2007/10/26 7:31

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

Quote:
I'll add that to the list of 2.2.x features that we want to incorporate in 2.3.

just wondering... is there someone looking on what can be cleared from the XOOPS core, so it will not become a dinosaur that needs a room size server and loads a page an hour ...

It is relatively easy to add, hard to keep house clean

wizanda
  • 2007/10/26 8:38

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Quote:

stefan88 wrote:
Hi,
just wondering... is there someone looking on what can be cleared from the XOOPS core, so it will not become a dinosaur that needs a room size server and loads a page an hour ...
It is relatively easy to add, hard to keep house clean

That’s what I did at the start of the year......

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits