seth_sd
Re: Proposal: Towards A Sustainable Open Source Project
  • 2007/10/25 13:33

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

I would happily work on making these proposals functional and usable for the community.

I do, like Crip and prolly everyone else, have a lot going on in my life and would like to work in a forum as well.

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

MadFish
  • 2007/10/25 14:42

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
'd like to include the posters from MadFish's original thread Improving XOOPS Governance on the committee if they are so inclined and have the time.

Ok I'm willing to contribute to the drafting team, if I can be of use. I think it would be good to have Marcan and Herko (or someone from the foundation) as well, if they will agree.

vaughan
  • 2007/10/25 15:55

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

I'd like to include the posters from MadFish's original thread Improving XOOPS Governance on the committee if they are so inclined and have the time.
MadFish
Catz
Seth
BS
Damaster
jMorris
debianus
wizanda
skenow
kc0maz
JAVesey
Giba
gtop00
script_fu
and anyone else I've missed (nothing personal).

Consider yourselves nominated too.

In finishing, I'd ask that you all go and refresh your memories on the original discussion and the CCT proposal
here.

Crip

are you feckin joking? Damaster nominated. WTF? now i know this is a feckin joke.

Mamba
  • 2007/10/25 16:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

catzwolf_ wrote:
Quote:

This goes against everything this community has been asking that the core developer does not do.

You are violating the communities wishes with regards to this proposal.

This is just a proposal! And should be discussed as such!

Why all these strong words and accusations? I can understand that this is your view, but do we have an official poll on what the "community" wanted? If not, why do you claim something that is not backed by facts?

I hope, this has nothing to do with the fact that you wanted to be the Project Leader, right?

In case of Linux the core developer is still the project leader, and they are pretty successful last time I checked , so I guess it's not the end of the world if the Core Development Leader is also a Project Leader.

Let's look at the history of XOOPS - we had recently Skalpa as Development Leader, and Herko as the Project Leader, but I don't think that we can report great successes from that time, do we? As a matter of fact, wasn't that the time when you decided to leave XOOPS and started your own fork of XOOPS? So we had the structure that you want, but it didn't make you happy, right? So why do you think, it would work this time?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

sailjapan

Happy to announce that wizanda has also accepted his nomination.

[self edit] I would also like to nominate Mambo to the team.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan

phppp wrote:
Quote:

So, the very first step is to:

Establish a XOOPS Structure Proposal Preparation team: phppp to invite expressions of interest in joining the draft proposal preparation team from the community from anyone who would like to help compose it (only for the draft proposal, literally), by October 26th;

Anyone who are willing to work on the proposal, please express in the forum or contact me then we will publish the "proposal preparation team" so that every one feel convenient to make constructive feedback.

I'd like to request an extension to this deadline to the end of the weekend (Midnight Oct 28th GMT)to give potential team members time to read this and reply.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

vaughan
  • 2007/10/25 17:08

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
In case of Linux the core developer is still the project leader, and they are pretty successful last time I checked , so I guess it's not the end of the world if the Core Development Leader is also a Project Leader.

Let's look at the history of XOOPS - we had recently Skalpa as Development Leader, and Herko as the Project Leader, but I don't think that we can report great successes from that time, do we? As a matter of fact, wasn't that the time when you decided to leave XOOPS and started your own fork of XOOPS? So we had the structure that you want, but it didn't make you happy, right? So why do you think, it would work this time?

linux is an o/s not a cms, it's whole structure is different because of that.

herko may have been project leader, but skalpa still called the shots!!

project leader should NOT be the core dev leader. conflict of interest anybody?

why won't it work? lol is it working so far? no. if it was then things would be organised by now, but now we have another proposal that is a different proposal yet again to what proposal we had 2 months ago. are we gonna just keep seeing proposal after proposal?

core dev team has a lot on, their skills are in coding, let some other poor soul be project leader to organise the community etc so that the devs don't have to worry about all this crap.

but do it on meritocracy, not on what everybody thinks about the person because they are pals or enemies.

John has some good ideas, i don't agree with them all, and sorry john, i wouldn't vote for you, i respect you, but on past goings, i don't think you qualify as being reliable & the right man for the job (no disrespect intended). Your skills are best served developing and supporting in my opinion, you're a coder and a #OOPS# good coder at that, why waste that talent?

sailjapan

@ vaughan

phppp wrote:
Quote:
invite expressions of interest in joining the draft proposal preparation team from the community from anyone who would like to help compose it

You game?

Crip

vaughan
  • 2007/10/25 17:23

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

sailjapan wrote:
@ vaughan

phppp wrote:
Quote:
invite expressions of interest in joining the draft proposal preparation team from the community from anyone who would like to help compose it

You game?

Crip

not while Damaster is active here i'm not game for anythin.

seth_sd
  • 2007/10/25 17:48

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

I absolutely agree that the core developer should not be the project leader and actually one of the reasons I like the proposal that Crip put forward. This has never worked before and not going to work in the future. The community needs to be accountable and the only way to do it is with a proposal like the one Crip put out.
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits