mboyden
Module Dev Forge is Down
  • 2007/9/23 15:53

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

dev.xoops.org (Module Dev Forge) is down. Anyone know who to contact to get it back up? Thanks!
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

script_fu
Re: Module Dev Forge is Down

As hard as XOOPS was getting slammed. I don't think it will be back up until its on the new server. The main site seems a little bit more bearable.

Peekay
  • 2007/9/23 22:08

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I don't believe the module dev forge applications (xfmod et al) will run on contemporary versions of Xoops. If it does, I hope the hacked version becomes available, 'cos it is is very good.

Actually, I rephrase that... it will not work on contemporary versions of Xoops.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

nmshah
  • 2007/9/24 9:38

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

Any info on when the dev.xoops.org site will be running again. Is there any other place where modules can be downloaded from in case of such incidents.

JMorris
  • 2007/9/24 9:46

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/ has some modules available for download. You can also try searching this site for the module you are looking for and see if the author has provided an alternate download location.

From what I understand, XOOPS Addons will be done soon, which will be a community operated repository.

As far as the dev.x.o site goes, last I hear they are moving to the new servers, but there have been some delays.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

phppp
  • 2007/9/24 11:45

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

There is some non-technical difficulty stopping the XOOPS server migration plan.
Currently new servers purchased by XOOPS Foundation host some sites while the xoops.org sites are hosted on old servers, which are not so capable for www.xoops.org and dev.xoops.org

We hope the issues can be sorted out soon.

A detailed proposal for site reorganization and server migration can be expected after Foundation publishes its report.

pAraN0iD
  • 2007/9/24 12:09

• pAraN0iD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/16

Can you tell me what is a non techincal difficulty?

mboyden
  • 2007/9/24 12:45

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Well, I just want to report some bugs for a couple of applications that were being hosted by dev.x.o. I've been implementing them and had discovered some bugs and wanted to put them in their official repositories.

I run/own a small but growing ISP, and depending upon what is needed, I might be able to help. My servers are tuned for running XOOPS sites (and I'll note that Drupal and Joomla bring them to their knees because of how hard they hammer the servers -- thank you to XOOPS mature caching systems).
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Herko
Module Dev Forge is Back Up Again
  • 2007/9/24 15:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The MySQL connections were causing the server to fail at rebooting, this is fixed now. Dev.xoops.org is back up.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits