brash
Re: Show us the $$$....!
  • 2007/9/19 9:51

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I agree that there should be transparency in the XOOPS foundation, but for all of you who find it so important wouldn't your energies be better spent working toward a solution? I wonder how many of you even attempted to contact Herko offering a helping hand before deciding it was more appropriate to drag his name through the mud? Don't focus on what other people aren't doing as that will almost always result in nothing but negativity and is a total waste of energy. Instead why not take the initiative and take steps to correct the things you see as being a problem. After all, isn't being community driven another vital factor in an open source project being successful?
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

blueteen
  • 2007/9/19 10:11

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

A solution ? A solution to what ?
Re-read this post and many others about this subject (since tens of months).
We only ask Herko to show us a financial report. (since tens of months).

sailjapan

The end of the month is the end of the month. Herko has promised to deliver then, and I'm sure he will. If you take a quick look over at this link, he's obviously got something underway.

At least wait till then before having a go at him. In the mean time, we've all got plenty of other stuff to do, I'm sure.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

brash
  • 2007/9/19 11:41

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

blueteen wrote:
A solution ? A solution to what ?
Re-read this post and many others about this subject (since tens of months).
We only ask Herko to show us a financial report. (since tens of months).

Exactly that blueteen. If Herko has indicated he'll be publishing a report for the last 10 months which has never come about, then it is pretty safe to say that he has for whatever reason not being able to devote enough time to it. Instead of hammering him about it, why not offer to help?
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

gtop00
Re: Show us the code {}{}{}....!
  • 2007/9/19 12:13

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

It is funny but all those that are asking for financial reports have never donate a penny to XOOPS!

I would rephrase the question to: “Show as the code {}{}{}…!” (that can make XOOPS the best CMS out there…!) and when it is so, then I would ask financial reports.
For the time being, I believe that there are many more important thing to do…

@ Foundation: This does not mean that we’ll forget it…It is an fundamental obligation.

mrphilong
  • 2007/9/19 13:18

• mrphilong

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/7/14

Quote:
It is funny but all those that are asking for financial reports have never donate a penny to XOOPS!

That's a BIG statement! Are you speaking for yourself or for those that have donated? Do you have a list of donnors some where?

People tend to donate more if they know that their donations is going to make XOOPS better. If they porked out their hard earned penny and not knowing where it is going to, do you think many others would want to give?

If one looks after the $ for a community one MUST be transparent, financial reports....is the key to keep one's record clean.
www.UcChau.Net
www.XoopsViet.Org

gtop00
  • 2007/9/19 16:07

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:
...All donators will get the Friend of XOOPS rank here on this website...

Link

Quote:
@ Foundation: This does not mean that we’ll forget it…It is an fundamental obligation.

blueteen
  • 2007/9/19 17:21

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:

I would rephrase the question to: “Show as the code {}{}{}…!” (that can make XOOPS the best CMS out there…!) and when it is so, then I would ask financial reports.
For the time being, I believe that there are many more important thing to do…

Incredible....
Do you know me?
Do you know what I did or not for Xoops?
I do not make a contest to know which gave more to XOOPS project. (but I do not know what you did on your side, nor how much you gave......)

Quote:
...All donators will get the Friend of XOOPS rank here on this website...

Only those which gave at this address have the right to speak here?
https://xoops.org/modules/xdonations/
Which is this mentality? Not that of the open source for sure.
During these 2 last years, this report was required by people who made more than to give 5€.
There is however still no report.

@brash : How help Herko ? I do not believe someone else has the elements necessary to the report.

Mamba
  • 2007/9/19 17:28

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

brash wrote:
Exactly that blueteen. If Herko has indicated he'll be publishing a report for the last 10 months which has never come about, then it is pretty safe to say that he has for whatever reason not being able to devote enough time to it. Instead of hammering him about it, why not offer to help?

You mean, offer to replace him as the Foundation Chairman?

If he is not able to devote enough time to it, this would be the logical conclusion, wouldn't be?

My concerns with Herko are:

* he elects himself as the Chairman without any voting

* he expresses on few occasions that the financial reporting is not a priority on his part, similar to having any financial audits. This shows me that he doesn't understand that with the title of "XOOPS Foundation Chairman" comes also accountability and responsibility to the community.

* he doesn't deliver on his promises to publish the results

Financials have to be TRANSPARENT! I've posted for Herko several times links to Apache Group to show how they're doing it. We should follow their lead as "Best in Class", but Herko doesn't seem to understand it or doesn't want to understand it. And that bothers me...

But I'll wait till Oct. 1st, and I hope that Herko will deliver a financial statement, which was audited by a local CPA.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

damaster
  • 2007/9/19 18:07

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

I didn't knew that you're able to buy true friendship.
How much for a friend? And for how long?

Xpsn't resist !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits