1
CrAzYHoSt
Starting Xoops from the ground up...
  • 2007/8/25 23:47

  • CrAzYHoSt

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 5

  • Since: 2005/11/20


Hey there. Well, I'm trying to make a site with XOOPS. I have no idea where to begin. So let me explain what I did.

I registered for a free hosting site. They offered full FTP support. So I decided to register with them (since I know that XOOPS would require me to install the folder via the FTP)

Well, once I uploaded the entire folder to my FTP account and went on my site... it did not have an XOOPS installation or anything. It would just say '403 Forbidden' and when I typed in my URL/xoops it still wouldn't work. What did I do wrong? And how can I install XOOPS properly? Help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully you can explain this to me in a noobie mannor, since I'm completely new with this program.

2
sailjapan
Re: Starting Xoops from the ground up...

You should take a look at this series of articles on xoopswiki.org
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

3
stefan88
Re: Starting Xoops from the ground up...
  • 2007/8/26 13:21

  • stefan88

  • Community Support Member

  • Posts: 1086

  • Since: 2004/9/20


Hi,

do they have PHP and MySQL? You need PHP support and MySQL database to run XOOPS ...
..