lapsa2000
PHP 4 is dead !
  • 2007/7/18 1:32

• lapsa2000

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/10/27

Here I leave them an interesting news:

"Has promised to be that from end of year already there will no be PHP's new versions in the branch 4 and the support will finish in August, 2008.

3 years ago that PHP 5 was liberated and as(according to) php.net it is considered to be rapid and stable. Provided that the version 6 from this one language comes in way has decided descontinuar PHP 4 from December 31 about this one year.

From this moment already there will be no type of improvement or modification to the branch any more than critical patches of safety, if it was giving to himself the case, but in August, 2008 already there will no be support of any type.
Every is directed to promote PHP's use 5 for all the developers and to force the suppliers of hosting to update, for they threw the campaign GO PHP5 in where big projects realized in this one language and several Hosting's services already have added to the support of the initiative.
Persevera...y seguiras
Perseverando !!!

Northern
Re: PHP 4 is dead !
  • 2007/7/18 1:55

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

This is a HUGE concern to me.

see the cerrent xoops, 2.0.16, works in php5, but its a bit bugy,and when it comes to modules, well thats where the problems come in.

if i make a XOOPS site, cerrent version, and place all the modules in, that work on 2.0.16 into a php5 server....

3/4 of them will stop working. And some of them will even mess up the admins panel and/or the entire site, you know that one, " the white screen ".

alot of modules have no support now, but there are talented people here that could hunt down what makes the problem and fix it, and even ,posibly, hopefuly bring back some module that we lost so long ago.

for me the easy useability,and wide aray of moduls helps alot, but as XOOPS gets older in versions, the selection becomes less and less, or it become limmited to what we can have or do.

we have teams or this and that, and so-on, could we have a team to correct what makes XOOPS so powerful?

Marc.

snow77
  • 2007/7/18 1:59

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Quote:
see the cerrent xoops, 2.0.16, works in php5, but its a bit bugy

Could you please report the bugs somewhere? I have at least 5 XOOPS 2.0.16 sites all working on php5 and have not seen the bugs.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

DobePhat
  • 2007/7/18 4:59

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

I would think the problem is less to do with php5 as it may be with the combo of php version/mysql version.

During our last upgrade, it was the difference in mySql that caused the most headaches with our tech support apparently.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits