BlueStocking
Re: [communication - team approval ?] php4-5 subject matter enhanced.

Bender,
I am sorry if I hijacked your thread if it caused any damage.

However, I am happy to announce that Madfish just provided me with 14 megs of documentation that has dates as recent as 2007 ready to go. Now if I can route that to the proper places this post will have been very productive from two points of view.

Php 5 got routed to the appropiate place and also some current documentations.

May we carry on in harmony? please?

EDIT: Thanks for the temporary use of your thread.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

hervet
Re: [communication - team approval ?] php4-5 subject matter enhanced.
  • 2007/7/14 17:37

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Bender,
I am sorry if I hijacked your thread if it caused any damage.

However, I am happy to announce that Madfish just provided me with 14 megs of documentation that has dates as recent as 2007 ready to go. Now if I can route that to the proper places this post will have been very productive from two points of view.

Php 5 got routed to the appropiate place and also some current documentations.

May we carry on in harmony? please?

WOHHHH !!!!
Before to talk of harmony or anything else, take the time to read and PLEASE stop to post things not in direct relations with this thread and try to stay on the subject.

Dave_L
Re: Migrating definitively to Php 5
  • 2007/7/14 17:57

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Well I think this is really not an issue anymore. PHP.net just announced the "End of Life" for PHP 4 see here:

http://www.php.net/

I think that was posted earlier in this thread.

That doesn't mean that PHP 4 will suddenly vanish on Dec 31; people will continue to use it, even if it's no longer supported. But the fact the the PHP organization is dropping support for PHP 4 at the end of this year will encourage people to switch to PHP 5.

jph000
Re: Moving to Php5 - XOOPS Compatibility - Garrath's List - Testing
  • 2007/8/28 22:25

• jph000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 2

XOOPS PHP 5 Testing

I've gotten dragged into the issue of XOOPS compatibility with PHP5. I moved a customer's XOOPS site from my ISP's server to the customer's server and ran into some problems. Both servers were running PHP 4. Curl-modified modules failed on the customer's server due to an old version of curl. So, they set up a new server running the latest versions of programs (including curl), but more XOOPS modules failed until the (local) value for long arrays was enabled (Php_Flag register_long_arrays On). That server is running PHP5 as an Apache module. So, under PHP5 in that case, that's a workaround.

However, while allowing new fully-hosted domains to be either PHP4 or PHP5, my ISP has made PHP5 the standard and is preparing for PHP6. They run PHP5 (and PHP4) in CGI mode.

So, today I set up a new domain with my ISP using PHP5 and moved an XOOPS demo site from a PHP4 domain to the new PHP5 domain, and started testing for compatibility. So far, all the modules that I'd been using except one fail. My list is below.

Note that by default for PHP5, my ISP disables register_globals (which cannot be enabled), magic_quotes_gpc, and register_long_arrays. To enable magic_quotes_gpc requires installing a custom version of PHP5 and modifying that copy of php.ini. I found no mention whether that technical workaround also is possible for register_long_arrays. (htaccess may be used on my customer's server for changing these settings, since PHP5 runs as an Apache module.)

My ISP notes that register_globals and register_long_arrays will not exist in PHP6.

XOOPS version 2.0.16

These modules are NOT compatible with PHP5:

Headlines 1 (xoopsheadlines) - cannot edit

Links 1.1 (mylinks) - cannot edit

FAQ 1.1 (xoopsfaq) - cannot edit

News 1.1 (news) - comments link no-op, cannot edit

Sections 1 (sections) - cannot edit

Polls 1 (xoopspoll) - cannot edit

PopnupBlog 1.33 - cannot edit (latest version does not mention anything about PHP5?)

Stockbox 0.1 (stockquotes) - no-op (even with curl fix for fopen disable)

These modules appear okay:

System (system)

Liaise 1.26 (liaise)

---
Update 8/28/2007 6:00pm PDT

I read some about the differences between globals / superglobals for PHP4 and PHP5, and tried a "simpleton's" approach to repairing some modules. So far, I "fixed" stockquotes 0.1 and xoopsheadlines 1 by replacing $HTTP_GET_VARS with $_GET and $HTTP_POST_VARS with $_POST.

Marco
  • 2007/8/28 23:37

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

thanks for input.

Quote:

News 1.1 (news) - comments link no-op, cannot edit

take news 1.55

Quote:

Headlines 1 (xoopsheadlines) - cannot edit

take xhld

Quote:

Sections 1 (sections) - cannot edit

take smartsection

i hope the core team will officialy give its position about php5. it's time to push community ahead on this subject.
Do synergy or die.

jph000
  • 2007/8/30 22:11

• jph000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 2

8-30-2007 Update

Additional modules "fixed" are:

xoopsfaq 1.1
news 1 - but possible problem with use of code in article text
sections 1
xoopspoll 1

and mylinks 1.1

running under PHP5 (CGI) with magic_quotes_gpc OFF and register_globals OFF and register_long_arrays OFF.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits