Acill
extcal not working correctly?
  • 2007/7/2 5:04

• Acill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/31

I just installed extcal and i get the following below if i enable the I am going option.. How do I fix this?

Not Found

The requested URL /devildogs/modules/extcal/eventmember.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

robstockley
Re: extcal not working correctly?

Perhaps you could start with telling us which versions of extcal and XOOPS you are using.

Does the file /devildogs/modules/extcal/eventmember.php exist on your server?

Does your server have a fully qualified domain name? Has this been entered correctly in /path-to-xoops/mainfile.php

We'll get to the bottom of this.
Rob

Acill
  • 2007/7/2 11:37

• Acill

• Just popping in

I am using XOOPS 2.0.16, extcal is version 2.11 ( I tried the 2.12 dev version as well with same results) /devildogs/modules/extcal/eventmember.php is not there and the extcal module doesnt come with it there , I looked in several releases. Its located in the module/extcal/classes dir (do I move it out? Its got several other user files in there as well, but the calendar events work when a user submits one now)
Whats a qualified domain name and how to I enter it into the mainfile.php? My sites address is www.thedevvildogs.org which is forwarded to www.acill.com/devildogs (I looked at it and I do see its entered as acill.com/devildogs so yes it looks like its correct as well)

Anonymous
  • 2007/7/2 12:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

The current stable release version is 2.0.4 and this is what you should use on a live site. I can confirm that this works perfectly well on XOOPS v2.0.16

The 2.1.x versions are under development and not intended to be used on a live site. In your place, I would uninstall it and use v2.0.4

It might help the module's developer if you could report your obeservations over on www.zoullou.net

Many thanks

Acill
  • 2007/7/3 19:13

• Acill

• Just popping in

Okay so I switched out to 2.04 and it seems to work for the most part.

The add me button only shows up if i go to the calendar sidebar menu item then hit the monthly view icon in the upper left. How can I get this to show up all the time when a user selects an event? For example if you hit the menu item event calendar on the left of my site it takes you to the calendar view. Yo see the events listed and click on one to open that event. It does not show the add me button. If you back out and go into the monthly view it will be in there, its strange.

My site is located athttp://www.thedevildogs.org and you will need to register to see what i am talking about.

Anonymous
  • 2007/7/3 21:15

• Anonymous

• Since:

I registered and yes, I see what you mean as it happens when I view your site.

However, it doesn't happen that way on my own site; my site behaves as you would expect it to, i.e. click on Main Menu to go to calendar view, select event and there's the "Add Me" button.

Can you try the XOOPS default theme and see what happens using that?

Please delete my account on your site as I won't be needing it again:

Username = javesey

Very many thanks

Acill
  • 2007/7/5 1:28

• Acill

• Just popping in

Well it does work as it should using the default theme, so it must be an issue in the theme I am using.

Any idea on how to solve this? I wrote a message to the author of it asking for help too.

MadFish
  • 2007/7/5 9:42

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Are you using 2.0.16? From memory, it does not work with older versions of xoops.

Acill
  • 2007/7/5 13:35

• Acill

• Just popping in

Yup I am using 2.0.16 and it seem to only be an issue with my WOW theme, which is the one I use since its a wow related site.

I enabled the theme selection block to have a few people help test. If you notice the problem isn't on the other themes, only on the wow one. Its clear the problem is in that theme some place.

zoullou
  • 2007/7/11 12:46

• zoullou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/2 0

Hi,

I send you a PM to try soling this problem.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits