radamateur
How to Add Popup Window
  • 2007/7/11 11:51

• radamateur

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/11

Hi,

Can somebody help me to add an automatic popup window to my index.php page whenever somebody visits? I run a site for my church and I want to notify visitors about a community picnic that is coming up.

I have searched these forums and also the modules section and couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance.

gestroud
Re: How to Add Popup Window
  • 2007/7/11 15:49

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

radamateur
  • 2007/7/11 23:12

• radamateur

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/11

Thanks for the link. Do I paste the code that I generate with this module into my index.php file to make it work?

Thanks again.

script_fu

Nice post gestroud... I forgot about this one!

radamateur this is a module that you install. Its pretty straight forward. Just muck around a lil you will figure it out.

You can also use something like a pop up generator.

Put the code in a custom block that you want to display the popup. You can also add your picnic info in the block so it has some content.

Now all you have left to do is give the block permission so it will show where you want the pop up to display.

You keep saying index.php... No such thing with XOOPS but you could get away with it in your theme file. The only bad thing about that would be it would popup every time you loaded any page.

markesh
  • 2007/7/14 17:02

• markesh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/14

Quote:

script_fu wrote:

Put the code in a custom block that you want to display the popup. You can also add your picnic info in the block so it has some content.

Now all you have left to do is give the block permission so it will show where you want the pop up to display.

This is a very smart solution. You can also assign the block to the homepage only, so it won't pop up with every document.

kind regards
markesh
First German XOOPS book: XOOPS-Buch.de

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits