jandrews
Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop
  • 2007/7/4 11:04

• jandrews

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 9

Okay this is officially a major disaster for me.

My site has up to 10,000 readers a month and the site is now down aka dead for two days now.

I need some help in a bad way or I will have to abandon XOOPS later today for Drupal or wordpress as the CMS, but after using XOOPS for a few years, I am inclined to stay with xoops.

I installed some old backups and from the front end, everything looks fin until i log in.

Once i log in, I am stuck in the "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop.

fallingleaf
  • 2007/7/4 21:37

• fallingleaf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/2 2

I was having this problem. My site URL was configured as "example.com". My .htaccess redirects example.com to www.example.com. I added www. to the site URL in mainfile.php and I'm able to enter admin area.

jandrews
  • 2007/7/5 14:50

• jandrews

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 9

That did it.

My server rewrote my .htaccess file.
I deleted it and everything is returning back to normal.

This was not a pleasant learning experience.

THANK YOU!!!

Joshua
www.jandrewsmedia.com

adaam
  • 2007/11/24 13:52

• adaam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/15

Hello,

I have the same problem! I tried to uninstall my firewall and reinstall firefox but still getting the same message " This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."

The problem is on IE it is going well!!! strange problem!

I use the last version of xoops.

Thanks in advance!

DjMikeWatt
  • 2007/12/9 12:14

• DjMikeWatt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/7 2

Hello -

I was having these exact same problems and after sifting through the mainfile.php (to no avail, by the way) I had one of those "duh" moments. Actually, it was more of a "I can't believe how stupid I am, I must actually have some sort of mental deficiency" moments.

An internet security suite was really getting vigilante on the cookies... blocking every third-party cookie without even alerting me.

So, I fixed that, and that in turn fixed ALL my XOOPS problems. Including not being able to add new clients to the banners area or new banners to existing clients... this fixed them all.

I recommend that every consider this before wasting time staring at code... I'd completely forgotten I had a new security suite on this system.

Cheers.
Mike

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits