BlueStocking
Re: [XoopsProject] proposal - XOOPS End Users Team

@Tom,
Quote:
"Are we voting? I see my name mentioned as voting? when did I do this?" ...Tom

I see your response as a reconfirmation of a vote no.

The yes votes I received were from non-team members. The general community, and phppp. I won't bother to list them because their votes don't count. The ones that do are phppp, Tom and JMorris. --According to JMorris's rendition of the current management structure.

Not necessarlly in that order. The three have discussed this issue and I have now heard from all of them. Two against, one for. End of story.

If you will excuse me, this lounge is no longer an end-user issue. It is a [RESOLVED] issue.
The answer was NO!
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

tom
  • 2007/6/23 16:35

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

IF you are taking this as a vote, I will need to consult my lawyer as I saw no mention of any legal practice going on here, and nothing that I agreed too.

Please do not include me name in any legal matters, without my prior consent, I will now confer with my legal assistants about how you've implicated my name here.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

chippyash
Re: [XoopsProject] proposal - XOOPS End Users' Team
  • 2007/6/23 16:55

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

I've locked this thread 'cus it was all getting out of hand.

Can the alternate views please PM me with any good reason why I should unlock it.

Take a day off chaps and reconsider on Monday. Otherwise have a good weekend.

phppp
  • 2007/6/26 17:36

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Assistance from existent moderators are appreciated.

This is a temporary forum for Project team establishment and I am the moderator.

The topic is unlocked for continuous discussion and I hope we all respect the rules in order to get effective results.

chippyash
  • 2007/6/26 18:00

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

D.J. said
Quote:

This is a temporary forum for Project team establishment and I am the moderator.

There are a team of moderators - one whose aims is to keep a lid on shall we say, overly excited exchanges of views. this ensures that the more timid members of the community are not put off contributing. It was (and is) my view that this thread was getting over excited to the detriment of the general community.

I'm happy that you have unlocked this thread. I've only received one (vitriolic) response to my request via PM. It would appear that others may have taken the time to reconsider their positions.

Hopefully, we can continue to debate the issue.

A

end-user-rep

by akitson on 2007/6/26 13:00:31

There is no issue to debate,
I withdraw the request.

=== Translation code ===
العربية * Deutsch * sc * Español * Français * Italiano * Nederlands * Polski * Português do Brasil * * 中文

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/26 20:13

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:
Jmorris said:
How is that fair to those of us that are multitalented? My degree is in IT, so I volunteer on the Server Admin Team. I taught myself web design while I was in college, so I also volunteer on the Design Team. That rule would eliminate the ability to volunteer my skills in two major areas of XOOPS. I'm sorry, but I don't agree to this point. However, I would agree that members should only be Team Leader of 1 team, but are welcome to volunteer anywhere where their skills are useful.

I want to be extremely careful here, as my goal is not to offend.

Before volunteering for any position, either here, or elsewhere, including your church, local Red Cross or Red Crescent, or any other organization, you must know your limits!

To often I have seen people volunteering for positions they can not preform. They become more of a liability than an asset.

I have also seen volunteers take on way too much, and do more harm than good. For this reason several organizations that I work with that depend on volunteers limit people to one job, at a time. They might be multi-talented, but those talents are used at different times.

I have seen organizations that have one to two people do all the work. The result is total misery, for them and those they are trying to serve.

From experience, I have found that one person to do a job at one time, is good policy.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

chippyash
  • 2007/6/26 20:26

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
Too often I have seen people volunteering for positions they can not perform. They become more of a liability than an asset.

I have also seen volunteers take on way too much, and do more harm than good. For this reason several organizations that I work with that depend on volunteers limit people to one job, at a time.

Hurray for some good ol' common sense. If only we could get the rest of planet XOOPS on the same diet.

Dave_L
  • 2007/6/26 20:40

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Even if you're not a "member" of a team, you can still contribute to that team's effort. Hopefully, the teams will all be conducting their business in the open, and "non-members" can participate too.

I know we need structure to get things rolling. Eventually I hope the project will evolve to the point where people will contribute where needed without having an official status, and that there will a large enough pool of contributors to make this possible.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits