whowee
Re: x_movie module installation help
  • 2007/6/14 1:39

• whowee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/16

This is probably very simple for many. Where can I change the links for Real Player, Qucktime, Windows Media Player, and Flash, plugins on the main x_movie page. They are all set to Japanese downloads.

wcrwcr
  • 2007/6/14 3:12

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi whowee

open x_movie/templates/x_movie_index.html

that will do the trick

BTW> if you use the RSSfit module and would like to have rss from x_movie take a look here

I?m trying to have the thumbs from videos displayed too, but till now no succes

whowee
  • 2007/6/14 15:38

• whowee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/16

Thanks wcrwcr,

So, a strange thing happened. The links in x_movie/templates/x_movie_index.html were already set to english sites. I ended up just deleting the entire section and it did pull it off the site. Not sure how deleting the sections would pull it off the site if those links were not the correct ones??

test1000
  • 2007/6/14 20:13

• test1000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

Quote:

optikool wrote:
Hi test1000,

Can you provide the bug fix code so I can integrate it into my version os x_movie? I have added the ability to stream movies from anywhere on the net, particularly divx movies that's not hosted at stat6 and it would probably be easier to add your code.

Thanks for the fix!!

Optikool

Sorry actually i have nothing to do with the bug fixed version, im only an user of it. But maybe i can help with my small x_movie know how :)

optikool
  • 2007/6/14 22:23

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

Hi test1000,

I'll just have to run through that code again at a later time. I'm currently re doing this cdbase module for one of my other sites, but eventually I will need to fix this problem as well because I will be using x_movies to handle the movies for the artists in cdbase.

wcrwcr
  • 2007/6/14 22:43

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

Hi x_movie users.

As that seems to be the official x_movie thread, i?d like to ask if someone of you had some errors trying to use the URL or embed feature.

I?m receiving a "111.Connection refusedNotice" error when php debug is turned on and also a "Warning [PHP]: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.youtube.com:80 in file modules/x_movie/tpl_imgtype.php line 195" , that leads me to a function using fsockopen() as follows:

//http?w?b?_??“?
function get_http_response($host$senddata)
{
$result="";

$obj fsockopen("$host",80,$errno,$err,15) or die($errno.".".$err);

fputs($obj$senddata." ".$host."rnrn");
    while(!
feof($obj)){

$result .= fgets($obj,1024);
    }

fclose($obj);
return (
$result);
}

Wonderin if that error has something to do with my host "possible" restriction to that function.

Any clue, will be great

Thanks

optikool
  • 2007/6/15 18:58

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

wcrwcr,

Can you post the embedded link you are posting into your x_movie for yourtube?

wcrwcr
  • 2007/6/16 2:18

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

@optikool

There is not an especific file.

This error happens during a test i?ve been doing.

I also tried with many youtube movies.

Same error

test1000
  • 2007/6/16 12:38

• test1000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

Quote:

wcrwcr wrote:
Hi x_movie users.

As that seems to be the official x_movie thread, i´d like to ask if someone of you had some errors trying to use the URL or embed feature.

I´m receiving a "111.Connection refusedNotice" error when php debug is turned on and also a "Warning [PHP]: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.youtube.com:80 in file modules/x_movie/tpl_imgtype.php line 195" , that leads me to a function using fsockopen() as follows:

//httpƒwƒbƒ_Žæ“¾
function get_http_response($host$senddata)
{
$result="";

$obj fsockopen("$host",80,$errno,$err,15) or die($errno.".".$err);

fputs($obj$senddata." ".$host."rnrn");
    while(!
feof($obj)){

$result .= fgets($obj,1024);
    }

fclose($obj);
return (
$result);
}

Wonderin if that error has something to do with my host "possible" restriction to that function.

Any clue, will be great

Thanks

Did you try the version i posted, cause it seems to be running well for me

n01un0
  • 2007/6/16 12:53

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

Ok, this is all starting to get a bit confusing and frustrating at the same time.

Can we get a conclusive version of this module with all the bugs fixed and working.

I started out with gestroud's version which worked and then moved to "x_movie v1.7 - custom v2.3 English" which was even better but there were issue's with certain functions just not working for me when I chose them in the admin section (using 2.2.4).

I then tried the one that test1000 posted "x_moviee1.0final.zip" which is obviously not the final.

While some things were corrected over the previous, there are more bugs in this one than the other.

Now that there seems to be some changes at hand for the direction of XOOPS and everyone volunteering to progress it, can someone adopt this module and get a correct ENGLISH version with all the bugs worked out (for 2.2.4).

It would be nice to have a nice working video module for xoops.

Also, if someone decides to adopt this, can you add a function to automatically add the video thumbnail since it is always (for youtube) "http://img.youtube.com/vi/VIDEONUMBERHERE/2.jpg"

Also, a nice "front page" with a consolidated view of all the videos with ratings, hits ect, would be nice.
I still use my modified xf-section for movie's which seems to work great and has a good consolidated front page but yet it lacks some of the features that are in x_movie that I like.

Sorry for the ranting. Just frustrated.

BTW, if someone could take a php script that I am testing on another site and create a module, I'm using a GREAT
php script for videos by waxjelly.

Example of it is here

Just a thought

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits