tibski
Re: x_movie module installation help
  • 2007/5/30 0:39

• tibski

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/13

sad to say it still didnt solve the problem, its still aligned left. Does the css in the xmovie module has anything to do with this? or its just all the in theme css?

thanks again pacho

pacho
  • 2007/5/30 20:29

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

CSS in xmovie is not related with this object/youtube. I continue viewing center tag and this are useless.
Ok. First, your youtube object is inside a div tag aligned left and this is not helpful. But you can try this.
You have this piece of code:
<td><object width="468" height="400"><param name="movie" ...</embed></object></td>

Make this change:
<td align="center"><object width="468" height="400"><param name="movie" ...</embed></object></td>

So you apply center attribute directly to td tag.

tibski
  • 2007/6/1 5:35

• tibski

• Just popping in

hi pacho,

I think the problem is in the xmovie module that I have.

I tried installing a different version, the movie was aligned center, however I cant submit movies. It seems that the module has a bug.

do you know a link which I can download the xmovie module in english version and that works?

thanks

optikool
  • 2007/6/3 17:55

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

Quote:

tibski wrote:
hi pacho,

I think the problem is in the xmovie module that I have.

I tried installing a different version, the movie was aligned center, however I cant submit movies. It seems that the module has a bug.

do you know a link which I can download the xmovie module in english version and that works?

thanks

Hi tibski,

You might want to take a look at the theme you are using. You have everything surrounded in a DIV that is left aligned. You probably want to add to your style.css something like

div#content {
text-align: left;
}

then change the div in your theme to id="content". This will allign your text but everything else should be centered. You can see what I mean on my site...http://www.bluehaloguild.com/modules/x_movie/x_movie_view.php?cid=1&lid=1

Hope this helps

optikool
  • 2007/6/3 18:34

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out an issue I'm having with x_movie. The best way to understand is to look at my site www.bluehaloguild.com, right above New Videos. There is a boarder there that only appears when I have x_movies enabled. It is being entered by the $xoops_content. Can you tell me how to get rid of this? I'm still not sure how xoops_content works and seeing how this problem doesn't happen with my other modules I'm thinking it's one of the files or the configuration you have setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tibski
  • 2007/6/3 23:40

• tibski

• Just popping in

thanks opticool. I will try it

BroHam
  • 2007/6/4 0:49

• BroHam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

optikool,
That is strange. I wonder, might that be one of x_movie's blocks? If it has no content and no title for the block, it would appear like that, right? Are you positive you don't have one mystery x_movie block enabled on your Top Page?

I mean, hey, that would help explain why it is only visible with the x_movie enabled.

A shot in the dark, hoping logic might prevail. I'll be interested to know how you solve it.
I don't know.

optikool
  • 2007/6/5 16:12

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

BroHam,

The only thing I have enabled for the Top Page is New Videos and Top Rated Videos but those show up fine. This is posting no data but the xoops_contents variable thinks something is there. This is the code snippet that put xoops_content, like the forms and stuff on the page...

<{if $xoops_contents eq ''}>
&nbsp;
<{else}>
<table class="table95 center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td class="centerCellLeftTop"></td>
<td class="centerCellCenterTop"></td>
<td class="centerCellRightTop"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="centerCellLeft">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
<td class="centerCellMiddle">
<div id="content">
<{$xoops_contents}>
</div>
</td>
<td class="centerCellRight">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="centerCellLeftBottom"></td>
<td class="centerCellCenterBottom"></td>
<td class="centerCellRightBottom"></td>
</tr>
</table>
<table>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
<{/if}>

Is there a ways to run an if check on the top page? I don't know the variable for the top page or how XOOPS checks it, but this would most likely solve my problem temporarily, however the wouldn't fix the problem in the module. Anybody that uses a theme that surrounds xoops_contents in a box will see this.

optikool
  • 2007/6/5 16:17

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Also note if I disabled x_movie the site is fine. You can see the same problem on my test server sonsofazeroth.eyenetdesigns.com. The box appears above recent topics.

BroHam
  • 2007/6/5 16:40

• BroHam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

That is all over my head, sorry. I can only theorize from a very simplistic perspective.

I enabled those blocks on my top page for you to see though, without issue. I used them in the top center blocks as well as the bottom center with equal results.
Behind the mask, I am using the Mor.pho.GEN.e.sis - version 2.0 theme.

Again, I don't know what I'm talking about, but maybe you need the "/if" tag moved up and an "else" tag somehwere else.

Sorry I can't offer real help.

-EDIT-
I switched between several other themes, and they all displayed correctly, without the mystery block anywhere to be seen.
I don't know.

Login

Who's Online

107 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 107

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits