JS
Trouble with View user
  • 2007/5/11 20:39

• JS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/16

not sure if a module I installed did this or if it is a know problem with the current XOOPS release but whenever I go to view any user including myself as a normal user I can not View Account. When I click the link or click on someones name the page comes up completely blank. Now when I am logged into the administrator account for my site I can use the View Account and it works fine however I can not view anyone elses account.

Has anyone seen this before. I have several XOOPS web sites running on my server and all of them work just fine.

Please help!
[img align=left]http://www.theood.com/modules/roster/sig.php?name=Talric [/img]

spacejoee
Re: Trouble with View user
  • 2007/5/11 20:48

• spacejoee

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/25

Go to admin menu, activate the Php debug, and past here what it tolds you once you try to open a user page.

TaSal
  • 2007/5/11 21:37

• TaSal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/11

thanks

JS
  • 2007/5/11 22:10

• JS

• Just popping in

I turned debugging on and it completely hosed my site now all I get when going to my site is this

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

JS
  • 2007/5/11 22:16

• JS

• Just popping in

ok I still have a user logged into the site so I was able to get this output however right now my site is closed and when I try to login I still get the error mentioned above and I can't get to anything in the site

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in D:\WebSites\entropiapilots\htdocs\userinfo.php on line 170

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in D:\WebSites\entropiapilots\htdocs\modules\newbb\class\permission.php on line 117

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in D:\WebSites\entropiapilots\htdocs\modules\newbb\class\permission.php on line 117

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in D:\WebSites\entropiapilots\htdocs\userinfo.php on line 170

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class category in D:\WebSites\entropiapilots\htdocs\modules\popnupblog\class\category.php on line 26

The error from turning on the debug stuff only effects my admin accounts it looks like my test user accounts can still login and use the site however this means I can't admin my site and I am like less then 2 weeks from launch please help

Quest
  • 2007/5/11 22:23

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Are you using the standard members or an add on module like xmemberstats?

Quest

JS
  • 2007/5/11 22:24

• JS

• Just popping in

The built in user manager is what I am using

Quest
  • 2007/5/11 22:28

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

hmmmmm. I had a problem like what you described with xmemberstats and it was because the flag icons needed to be installed even if I wasn't going to use them and I hadn't done that.

Any chance you could have maybe got a download of XOOPS that didn't go so well? You could try downloading it again from a different location then upload the system folder again and update the system module. Sometimes that can fix things with core system manager.

Make sure you are backed up first.

Quest

JS
  • 2007/5/11 22:30

• JS

• Just popping in

well unfortunatly when I turned on debugging I can't admin the site anymore I can't get to the module managment page to do anything with any of the modules I am really stuck right now

JCDunnart
  • 2007/5/12 6:55

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

You can turn off debug mode through the database. If you have phpMyAdmin go to the [prefix]_config table, look for the row where the conf_name = 'debug_mode', click edit and change the conf_value to 0.

As for your problem, it seems that you have 2 modules installed which both have a class called 'category'. Class names need to be unique or PHP will throw a fatal error, therefore those 2 modules are incompatible.

One of the modules is 'popnupblog'. Did you duplicate the module maybe? Anyway, to fix it you will need to change one of the 'category' class names and change all references within the module to that class as well.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits