lolpant
Site Migration
  • 2007/5/6 12:41

• lolpant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/19

After importing my database accross to the new server, and editing my mainfile.php all i get when logging into index.php is "pass".

That's all that is displayed on the screen, any suggestions ?

I have double checked the table names / prefixes in the mainfile, have i missed something ?

JMorris
Re: Site Migration
  • 2007/5/6 13:34

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

lolpant wrote:
After importing my database accross to the new server, and editing my mainfile.php all i get when logging into index.php is "pass".

I'm not real sure what you mean by this. Could you clarify a bit please?

Also, make sure your paths are correct in mainfile.php. You can also go into your database and set debug_mode to 1 and see if you are getting any errors.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

lolpant
  • 2007/5/6 14:37

• lolpant

• Just popping in

ok,

when typing in the site url in my browser, it proceeds to access index.php.

Instead of getting a normal login page, I get a blank page displaying nothing but the text "pass" in the top left of the page.

JMorris
  • 2007/5/6 14:40

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

URL please.

Definitely odd.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

lolpant
  • 2007/5/6 16:29

• lolpant

• Just popping in

Unfortunately I can't post the url as it is an intranet site.

JMorris
  • 2007/5/6 17:24

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Can you at least post your PHP Debug errors? It's a little tough to help you with the little bit of information you've provided.

Also, you may want to take a look at the FAQ regarding white screens.

lolpant
  • 2007/5/6 18:05

• lolpant

• Just popping in

After enabling debug in MySQL i get this ::

pass Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\xoops\include\functions.php line 517
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file C:\xoops\class\database\mysqldatabase.php line 441
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\xoops\kernel\configitem.php line 103
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\xoops\kernel\configitem.php line 103
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\xoops\kernel\configitem.php line 97
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\xoops\kernel\configitem.php line 100
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\xoops\kernel\configitem.php line 97
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file C:\xoops\kernel\configitem.php line 100

ouch.....

I am guessing whoever designed the site in the 1st place did A LOT of kernel re-engineering.

This is the 1st site I have ever had a problem migrating.. sigh

Herko
  • 2007/5/6 18:16

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

remove all files except index.html from the templates_c/ folder and check if ALL files have been copied over properly. This could be a case of a corrupt file.

Herko

skenow
  • 2007/5/7 3:34

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
remove all files except index.html from the templates_c/ folder and check if ALL files have been copied over properly. This could be a case of a corrupt file.

Herko

Or a case of changed permissions on folder(s)

lolpant
  • 2007/5/14 8:07

• lolpant

• Just popping in

Well after making sure that the files are fully write enabled and that Write is enabled on my web server I still get the same problem.

Even replacing the files did not help.

Anymore suggestions ?

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits