• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Modulename and version
Quote:
SmartMail .8 Alpha

Short description
Quote:
SmartMail is a XOOPS module for creating and publishing e-newsletters. It is fully integrated with XOOPS permissions, the XOOPS membership module, and can automatically pull content from any other module. Publication can be manual, or fully automatic (with a cron tab) on an admin defined reoccurring schedule.

Detailed description
Quote:
The SmartMail module is being developed by SmartFactory. It takes an entirely new approach to the standard newsletter module, extracting data from the various modules into the newsletter, forming the newsletter so that it can be easily updated, and features blocks, and several other novel interfaces. There are three mechanisms for the newsletter dispatch. It is easy to have several different newsletters for different user groups by preparing the separate templates and having the module extract the data. The data can then be sent using one or more cron commands.

At this time SmartMail is very much in the developmental stage. It is not recommended for production sites. With it's multiple methodologies, it has a fairly steep learning curve needing a goodly number of adaptations to get it to function for an individual site. The forums have a fair amount of information but, again, it still lacks some documentation.

From the SmartFactory site:
Quote:

Features:

* Multiple List Creation
* Newsletter Templates Management
* Subscriber Management
* List Permissions
* Module Blocks
* Content Assembly
* Dispatch Preview

Version
Quote:
.80 alpha

Publisher
Quote:

Home Page
Quote:

System Requirements
Quote:

Screenshot links
Quote:
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Herko
Re: SmartMail
  • 2007/5/1 7:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Since this is labelled Alpha, it should be unavoidably clear that this module is released for testing and development purposes only, and not to be used in any kind of production environment.

For beta's it should be noted that it is a testing release and is not recommended for production websites, and RC's should be noted that it is not yet labelled as stable, and that bugs should be reported to the developer.

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2007/5/1 10:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Forgive my ignorance, but I fail to see the point of the first post in this thread - it's just a loads of quotes with no additional comment.

Presumably we could all read the contents of the post in their orginal location and context, so what is the purpose of this thread?

Herko
  • 2007/5/1 11:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

All posts in this forum are about gathering description texts for the new repository

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2007/5/1 12:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

Please feel free to disreagard anything I post today

Chappy
  • 2007/5/1 22:12

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Herko:

Thanks for your replies. I tried to follow the template laid out here. If I do any more reviews, is there some way I should rephrase it to make it less confusing? I want to make this as useful as possible.

JAVesey:

I understand. It does look a little confusing. As noted in my reply above to Herko, I was using the template that was requested. That template has quotes around the descriptions. There were two places I did use quotes but the long description was mostly mine. I felt the summary on the SmartMail site gave the best short summary, which is why I quoted it. But, I'm always glad to hear your comments!
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits