• Since: 2003/11/8

Instant-Zero: "Our modules are not anymore available for download."

Read this

Anonymous
Re: Our modules are not anymore available for download
  • 2007/4/26 10:27

• Anonymous

• Since:

There are other things going on with XOOPS and Hervé/Instant Zero; this is a symptom.

I can understand Hervé et al being a bit miffed over all the IZ modules being potentially excluded from the new repository over a couple of missing files but it does seem a bit extreme to remove the downloads from the IZ site before anything is set in stone.

The IZ modules are amongst the best and most important of all (News 1.53 anyone?) and we, the ordinary XOOPS and modules users, are the ones who are caught in the middle and who will lose out unless a compromise is reached.

C'mon guys - please start talking to each other.

gtop00
  • 2007/4/26 14:55

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

This is not a behaviour I was used at xoops.org community.

Form one side, no one module should be removed/excluded for any reason (except security) without prior information of its developer
From the other side, IZ reaction is not proper. The community will blame IZ not XOOPS

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:
... C'mon guys - please start talking to each other.

Anonymous
  • 2007/4/26 15:39

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
gtop00 wrote:

The community will blame IZ not XOOPS

I hope that no-one blames anyone as that wouldn't help matters.

Seems to me to be a series of unfortunate misunderstandings (not uncommon where the written word on the 'net is concerned, especially when combined with language differences) and the big losers could be the community as a whole.

I wish that there was something I could do to help.

AndyM
  • 2007/4/26 15:54

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

It does seem to be somewhat of a knee-jerk reaction to something that would have been extremely easy to fix.

However, I will say that the module naming standards, the module layout standards and what other files that are expected to be included in modules have been on the dev wiki for at least a year, and most module maintainers have followed most of these standards, so it's not really an excuse.

The following section on the dev wiki has all of these details.

I am disappointed, and wish things hadn't come to this, but it does seem like a convenient excuse to pull away from XOOPS entirely.

martyboy
  • 2007/4/26 16:16

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Well this isnt good, I was planning on upgrading to news 1.53 this weekend now I cant download the module, I was also wanting to use marquee for something too.

I really dont know whats going on between herve and XOOPS and i really dont care but something has to be sorted for the sake of XOOPS users and for the sake of new users looking at using xoops, 2.0.16 doesnt come with any modules so the way it looks right now you cant use the latest news version, if your installing a new XOOPS site.

Like JAVesey said it is the XOOPS users who will lose out and anyone looking at using XOOPS will surely move onto another platform if they cannot download some key modules.

This is a sad day.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

gestroud
  • 2007/4/26 18:51

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Very sad and a MAJOR loss to XOOPS users. It's developments like this, as well as the constant "I QUIT" posts in the forum, that make it nearly impossible for me to recommend XOOPS to others, or continue using it myself.

instantzero

we talked (at least we begin) and our modules are available for download.

jensclas

Congratulations on this positive step instant zero. Sometimes they can be hard to make because wounds can be deep but it is nice to see this take place as part of a healing process.

Anonymous
  • 2007/4/26 19:34

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
instantzero wrote:

we talked (at least we begin) and our modules are available for download.

Thank you so much - you have made a lot of people very happy and removed a major worry for us.

Please keep talking - it's the best way.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits