Dave_L
Re: is it time for a lead project manager?
  • 2007/4/22 21:16

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

It would be helpful if the core devs could make some posts detailing how they're going about this.

Working on code is not an excuse for lack of communication.

vaughan
  • 2007/4/22 21:52

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
It would be helpful if the core devs could make some posts detailing how they're going about this.

Working on code is not an excuse for lack of communication.

true, but they are busy as is the rest of the teams at moment with the new site structure..

we have the docs site open now, the new repository will be open soon too.

the demo site also.

as for communication, I think maybe time to revive the news team.

I have spoken with Ladysham & Tom with respect to News, and both are willing to participate in that area, with Ladysham in particular reviving the WOX newsletter.

Tom has some interesting ideas also, and in particular this will involve writing some news articles related to development, and i'm thinking that the news team should be the community team that should be responsible for posting of news (both community wise and development wise) in essence they will be gathering the information from the devs, and then presenting the information to the community.

we don't specifically want lots of people badgering the devs for news/information though, so really this task of getting relevant information from the core devs should be done by only a few people. Some of the development news will be taken from SVN/CVS comments & off SF. (which will begin to be updated), and some will be from direct communication with the core devs at periodic intervals.

this isn't finalised, it's a proposal, but i see as working better than is currently. that way the devs can keep doing their jobs without having to worry about writing long articles or posts informing everyone of what's happening. that's what the news team should be doing.

it's open for discussion, aswell as the news team being open for members to join.

snow77
  • 2007/4/23 23:59

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Quote:
as for communication, I think maybe time to revive the news team.

I have spoken with Ladysham & Tom with respect to News, and both are willing to participate in that area, with Ladysham in particular reviving the WOX newsletter.

Tom has some interesting ideas also, and in particular this will involve writing some news articles related to development, and i'm thinking that the news team should be the community team that should be responsible for posting of news (both community wise and development wise) in essence they will be gathering the information from the devs, and then presenting the information to the community.

Quote:
it's open for discussion, as well as the news team being open for members to join.

Great! looking forward to that.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

pacho
  • 2007/4/24 19:26

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

I want to share this reflexion about running open source projects:

http://schlitt.info/applications/blog/index.php?/archives/541-10-golden-rules-for-starting-with-open-source.html

http://greg.chiaraquartet.net/archives/171-10-golden-rules-for-running-an-open-source-project.html

Thanks XOOPS

giba
  • 2007/4/24 22:21

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

One of the best friends of XOOPS who we have and respectable developer, sent this exactly article Here

Really, you have all reason, this material you served as a great reflection on as it is important the renewal of the teams, more patient being, to respect the development, to prevent the bad aggressions and answers, exactly that these people deserve.

I learned more a little with this everything.

To renew is necessary to in front continue going.

slyss
  • 2007/4/27 5:55

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

nobody reply with REAL answers.....

please we need a real vision of the situation....
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

JMorris
  • 2007/4/27 6:08

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Here is a REAL answer...

In the last 2 1/2 days, I've spent almost 30 hours working on the new servers that XOOPS.org is moving to. Other members have invested equal amounts of time working on the new websites. Our Core Development team has been working on a release of XOOPS that brings together the 2.0.x and 2.2.x branches.

As a fellow XOOPS user, I understand where everyone is coming from and I too want communication to improve. However, right now, the issue is a matter of priority. Right now, we have 2 choices...

1. Give the community the communication they are asking for and further delay the work that the community is asking for.

2. Work now, talk later. We are ALL working towards making XOOPS and the XOOPS.org support structure better, but in doing so, we don't have time to do a lot of talking (writing) on the forums.

Please be patient just a little longer. It will be well worth the wait. I promise!

"Good things come to those who wait [patiently]."
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

slyss
  • 2007/4/27 6:13

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

thanks ... this is an answer!

i think it's better write this in home page of xoops.org...

or just a sentece: we are working for the future... or another one...

thanks a lot...
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

debianus
  • 2007/4/27 8:12

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

It is not a answer, It is a wonderful, is a sunshine in a dark times.

Who will read this notice in this post?. Much people but not enough. Please, in the main page, Could anyone publish that there are working in the new web and in the new xoops?
It is possible that much are not patients but need know this and then they will be calm.

tom
  • 2007/4/27 14:38

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
It is possible that much are not patients but need know this and then they will be calm.

Regardless of weather you paint a big banner or send xoopsers a post card with this information, people will still complain it may bring temporary calm, but this won't last.

When the community see change they will believe it.

I've seen change, and I can now see whats coming, if the development continues as it currently is we won't be waiting too long either (if).
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits