wtravel
Re: is it time for a lead project manager?

Marco, this example perfectly shows a couple the difficulties with managing a project like this.

Good point MadFish, if we apply this to the site restructure example, I think openness in the status reports of projects and tasks can be useful. New ideas how to solve a deadlock on a project or task can come from anybody who wants to participate. It does not guarantee a solution but at least the community gets a chance to step into a project or think about it.

Then to the point of making decisions, should there be a leader for each project to come to a decision? I think in every project people involved have different views. We can never agree on everything so there should be a way to force decisions when necessary.

wtravel

Excellent description of the situation Carnuke!!!!

Marco
  • 2007/4/21 10:01

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

carnuke, nice post, i totaly agree. SHould we write a sort of XOOPS manifest, community wise?
Do synergy or die.

vaughan
  • 2007/4/21 10:05

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:
gain I ask the question, can we recognise it, can we do it, can we evolve into what we should be?

yes we can, and changes are going to happen. but the foundations need to be laid before the building can proceed, and this is the stage that the next phase of the community is at, at this moment. if the foundation isn't done correctly, the building will inevitably collapse no matter who the builders are.

when the foundations are done, the building will begin to take shape. & it will not be the same building as it is replacing!

all in all there's a plan, and when the plan is ready to be announced, i'm sure you will like what it is, and yes there will be an open discussion regarding the building (provided it can be discussed like adults and stay on topic without fighting with each other because 1 person thinks they are right, and the other thinks they are). you all have good intentions, you all have good ideas, we know that, but some do not show ability to compromise at times.

(sorry for my choice of example) i hope you get what i mean though.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/21 10:26

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Carnuke, Get out my head man!!

This is the first post that I have seen that reflect even close to the truth of the matter here at Xoops. Bravo.... Time for real change.

riosoft
  • 2007/4/21 10:27

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Excellent approach, Carnuke.

winsion
  • 2007/4/21 10:28

• winsion

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/23

very good post carnuke !!!

siweb
  • 2007/4/21 11:25

• siweb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/2 1

You've hit the nail on the head, carnuke.

studioC
  • 2007/4/21 11:34

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

full ack, carnuke!

web-M
  • 2007/4/21 12:23

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

I think lots of good things are said! Carnuke you reflection is a great one.
When I wnt to bed yesterday(atleast for me it was ) I was afraid this was becoming another thread that was ending up with frustration. Now I think it goning in the good direction we have to wait the news to come and when the foundation has been laid we have to start building.

Long live XOOPS!!!

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits