carnuke
Re: The Wave of Change IS Upon Us!
  • 2007/4/19 14:11

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

>>eric235u Please understand what I suggested: I recommend ythat A MEMBERS ONLY forum is created that is ALL REGISTERED USERS OF XOOPS can view only. There is nothing elitist, exclusive or divisive about that.

It is simply so that we can stop casual viewers and search engines making our internal conversations about policies and security open to the whole internet!

That is simply a sensible and respectful way to run our internal affairs.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

wtravel

I believe in open discussions and members treating each other respectful.

Some sponsors might be able to see these discussions too indeed, but is that reason enough to hide them? The fact is that these kind of discussions exist and they are part of being an open source project.

Best wishes

wtravel

Addition: for discussion of security matters I agree that it would be useful.

MadFish
  • 2007/4/19 14:26

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I don't think its about limiting information, because all registered users can view it (ie. it's still open access).

I suspect that having a dedicated facility for discussion about project direction and management issues would actually be a big step forward, particularly if the people with authority over various aspects of the project become involved.

Bender
  • 2007/4/19 14:29

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I find the suggestion Richard made actually good and reasonable so we will for sure discuss this option.
(making one subforum for registered users only)

However i´d like to hear more opinions from everyone too first.

About the earlier suggestion of moderators becoming numbers: That will only need to accusations of being hiding behind numbers. I have no reason to hide and will not do that. So far i can still look myself in the face in the mirror without any problems.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

BlueStocking

WTRAVEL,
We treat each other with respect.
There are those that don't!

That is WHY the MEMBERS ONLY AREA would be a very good idea.
IT would be ONE category,

I am new here, and I find this banter amusing, but it has done nothing to sway me toward running my own XOOPS site.
AND People I care for have been hurt.

Had this members only site been here I strongly believe we would not have "nolonger here" moderators. I miss those MIA's.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

MadFish
  • 2007/4/19 14:36

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

And to be blunt: For business use, I can't recommend XOOPS in a proposal when I know the first thing the client (or in my case, donor) is going to see on xoops.org is a battlefield.

If they log on and see it, fine, but then at least it would be in a forum marked 'management issues' or something like that.

BlueStocking

Bender,
The moderator number was suggested so that there was no personal vendetta against those who were just doing their job. And the moderators would be free to say what they pleased, when they weren't wearing the label moderator. But they would not be giving the impression they were taking things over.

James cannot open his mouth in dissent without others, ME INCLUDED, feeling if he opposes what I say, my say is not worth as much. I don't really know what his authority is, but as much as I would rely on it he can choose to be gone in a heartbeat. We all can when personally offended.

This is not the moderators intention, but they are the figure of authority. I don't need to know the policeman when he comes out to do his job. I simply must have respect for his position and faith that he will do his job with an even hand. I like the man in blue and I may never know his name.

Just me...
Others may feel differently.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

rustyg
  • 2007/4/19 14:51

• rustyg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/19

Those trolls are just a bunch of squeaky wheels tryin' to get greased. If y'all are smart, you'll calmly ignore their squeekin' and try to get some useful info out of 'em.

Where I come from, people like that get politely told to be quiet and we go about our business.

If y'all wanna make a forum where ya put the squeaky wheels, and users have to log in to read their squeakin' that's not bad either. Round my parts, we just toss trash in the dump.

I may just be a hillbilly from the sticks, but even I know you don't leave your trash layin' in the yard.

Some of us come here for help and updates, we don't want to sort through the trash to find what we're lookin' for.

Rusty

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/19 15:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I cannot believe what I am reading here. The sad fact is that after this weekend no one is addressing the real issues and problems that are here at Xoops.

You are just all trying to paint over the cracks and hope they go away and until someone has the strenght to do something about it, you are going to keep losing more and more developers and good people here at xoops.

And Rustyg, I don't know who you are but you are way off the mark and its those kind of remarks that just add fuel to a fire. Classing people like Hervet a troll was the last straw for me with Xoops. I now will no longer support XOOPS in any manner or form now.

Hope you guys work it out, but I guess it will still be the same this time next year as it was last year.

ATB

Catz

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits