Cuidiu
Lost Password Email
  • 2007/4/18 17:44

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

A users on a XOOPS 2.2.4 site reported the lost password link provided in the first email did not work. Usually, I suspect operator error in cases but decided to check it out. The user said they clicked on the link in the email and it went to an error page redirect. I requested they send me the original email mailed out by the system. They did and the link was fine. Then I checked the site log files. I see several attempts of:
http://domain.com/lostpass.php?email=john
instead of:
http://domain.com/lostpass.php?email=john@mail.com&code=283cf
It appears that the link was somehow cut off.

Any ideas how this could happen? I've seen other oddities with the lost password feature but this one is most strange. It even shows in the log that the link was clicked on from inside the email of a webmail account so they didn't copy and paste it. Any help trouble shooting would be most appreciated!
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Cuidiu
Re: Lost Password Email
  • 2007/4/18 18:12

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Just wanted to add that it came to me that the user's email program may have wrapped the link down to a second line. I don't know how that would happen but it's the only thing I can think of. I've taken a look at the template and the new password link is on a line by itself with an empty line above and below it. The email that the user sent to me shows all lines running together. Is there a way to ensure that the link is not wrapped or will not run on into other lines should the email program (webmail in this case) strip out line breaks?
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Login

Who's Online

52 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 52

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits