DjMikeWatt
Coppermine Gallery Module
  • 2007/4/7 20:56

• DjMikeWatt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/7 2

I'd love to see a module that would actually bring the coppermine gallery INTO the XOOPS site. I love the fact that I can bridge the user databases, and that is by far a bigger step (and more important)... but now that we have that, it would be incredible if we could actually USE coppermine within Xoops. Just a thought...

+mf

limecity
Re: Coppermine Gallery Module
  • 2007/4/8 0:02

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

there is a gallery module that is based on coppermine actually

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=36&lid=1305
this is the old one. I think there is a newer version somewhere.
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

mboyden
Re: Coppermine Gallery Module
  • 2007/4/23 13:48

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Yes there is a port of Coppermine Gallery, it's called xcGallery, and works pretty well overall. There have been two developers that have worked on this since its original version. Current version is 2.0.3 (as of 2007-04-23, released 2006-11-09). It has great features including flexible permissioning, site-wide and user albums, as well as the ability to share user albums (or not) and the ability for users to contribute to site-wide albums (with approval or not).

It's a little clunky at times, so I'm actually polishing a version of it right now for a project I'm working on and will release the changes back to the developer should they want to use them (I've made contact, but not yet heard back from the developer). Unfortunately, there are some hard-codings still within the code, which I'm striving to take out, generally, and some layout stuff I'm addressing as well. I'm also making the code more modular overall.

I'm also intrigued by the work on XoopsGallery, a port of the very popular Gallery application. However, it's not integrated with the XOOPS users or permissioning system. Until it is, ala the xosCommerce module, then it's not very useful as that would require two separate logins.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits