attock
Debaser\A new music module - Need Help Finishing It.
  • 2007/4/6 23:44

• attock

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/20

Hye,

I have used debaser module to meet my music needs, so one day I started playin with its code to make changes. Finally, I came up with sumthing new (which I fink is kool).

Now the script I wrote is more like a php script, I wasn't able to find any HOWTO Build A Module in xoops. So I am a bit stuck. I would like to convert this php script into a working XOOPS module.

Someone mentioned me here, before, to take this project to dev.xoops.org - but for some unknown reasons I can't login to that website. So I am posting here, seekin for help.

So If some one can help\guide me finish this module, that will be great. You can check the working script here.

Lookin forward for help, specially from frankblack.

On a second thought, I am also posting a snapsh0t of the script

Resized Image

mrphilong
Re: Debaser\A new music module - Need Help Finishing It.

[size=xx-large]WOW[/size]

Looking GOOD! Frankblack is the developer of the module, last known he is working on the module. Does he know about your excellent work?

Where can I download this update? Will it be a straight update from frankblack's debaser 0.93?

Many thanks for your contribution.
www.UcChau.Net
www.XoopsViet.Org

attock
  • 2007/4/7 0:52

• attock

• Not too shy to talk

Well thankyou.

Theres no update available for download atm, I am hoping somone would guide me finish this module.

I have sent a pm to frankblack, let see how it goes.

mboyden
  • 2007/4/19 13:47

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Overall a great module, and the best so far I've seen on XOOPS.

Like others, I'd love to see some enhancements to this module. For instance:

* Different templates for different categories (so you can have music layout on one, video layout on another, etc.)
* The ability to have multiple file types for each piece. Thus, as a band, they can offer more than one version of the file. Same for video (although who would bother doing anything besides Flash video or audio anymore).
* Having files in another configurable location, like uploads or even xoops_trusted_path so someone could potentially sell access to them (although may be better served using another module and in-line block).
* Ability to attach images to categories and sub-categories (think for bands, etc).
* xoopseditor framework for the AddInfo textarea (I like fckeditor the best of what is published, but everyone can and should take advantage of this framework, and modules need to be modified, usually only a couple of lines needed)
* links local or external (local allows you to run more than one site linked to the same database).
* Allow editor/moderators (without Admin access)
* Category, File sorting, comments should be a per category setting
* Permissions
. * Upload permissions should be in the permissions tab
. * Permissions per category for approvals (single/batch)
* Files per page should be a category attribute
* Block that is an in-line player ala MySpace with admin/moderator configurable options.
* Moderator edit capability of listings and categories outside the admin area.
* Playlists
. * ability to make and manage multiple playlists of their own (music and/or video combined)
. * Block for user that allows them to choose/play their own playlist
. * Ability to share playlists with others and e-mail to others (more than one).
* Blocks - several ideas here similar to what's posted above
* Ability to link to a YouTube/GoogleVideo or something like that.

I'm not asking for much, am I?
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

fredgsanford

My feadback.

Great looking customization of the debaser module ...cheers for that.

But I would add an on board media player that works better than the players that they have installed on their computers. I would recommend this one as it is free, light weight, and works great!
http://www.premiumbeat.com/flash_resources/free_flash_music_player/

Also, I would ditch the "download link" and not allow members to download songs as that is a copyright violation. It is ok to allow them to listen (stream) the music, but not to download it.

cheers

attock
  • 2007/4/29 22:55

• attock

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you for your interest.

You guys are not asking a lot. I plan to make further changes myself, but there is a slight problem, I am unbale to find any documentation on how to write a XOOPS module. Infact this is my first php project and I am not familiar with some of the basic concepts. So I was seeking for help from other members, which wasn't very helpful.

Regarding the text editor, I have posted several messages in the forum, that wasn't very successful either.

So I am still workin on it, but my codes are so not XOOPS like code. However I am willing to work with somebody to get this module done.

skenow
  • 2007/4/29 23:06

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Here is another post about module building and a link to the XOOPS API reference

Lots of good information in both those locations.

attock
  • 2007/4/29 23:15

• attock

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look

n01un0
  • 2007/4/30 2:41

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

What about the XBS Modgen.

Dont know if it would help or not, I just happen to stumble across it while browsing.

Good luck!

If you dont ever get it converted, I would still love a copy of the php script anyway

mboyden
  • 2007/4/30 3:31

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

LOL. Nope, not asking for much, eh?

Probably the best information for developing a module is on the XOOPS Dev site in their Development Wiki. Try section 2. Module Development. I've contributed some there as well as others.

Also, there are a couple of module generators out there that will build the very basic framework of a module. Then you flush it out. Building that framework can take a little time. Plus, if you find a solid, mature module and take it apart, or at least reference it during a build, then you'll have a solid idea of what is going on.

Hope that helps.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits