eejut
Re: Xoops members usernames and passwords to a csv file
  • 2007/4/2 12:51

• eejut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/16

thanks again for your reply,but i think your way off the mark in dictating that to me, its not as if i want it to do mischief, i wanted it so i can port existing members i have to a new site iam creating also, the actual site would create a new password for them if needed ,but would also inport their current password so it is the same login for both sites
and as for you saying its not decent , i am not sure what planet you live on but i find your answer very rude indeed
the csv file would of course be secure as it is in my hands and would have been destroyed as soon as it had done its job,
if i wanted to add them manually it would take me forever to do, iam talking about 10,000 users here not the odd 100 of them

Herko
  • 2007/4/2 13:20

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I live on Planet Earth, very happily too Perhaps you've heard of it.

Privacy laws are there for a reason, as are security measures. Don't think I'm rude for pointing it out to you. I never said anything about *you* not being decent, or wanting to do something illegal, it's just a simple explanation why what you want is not possible by default or with a module. It's because of those features that protect the users privacy and prevent misuse of personal data.

Now, you never explained what you *really* wanted, so don't blame me for answering your post with the info at hand. Migrating your users could be possible, including the passwords, IF the passwords are stored as MD5 hashes in the new users database too. That way they keep their original passwords, but still keep them safe from prying and over curious eyes.

There was no rudeness intended.

Herko

eejut
  • 2007/4/2 13:29

• eejut

• Just popping in

Herko, iam sorry if i jumped on you there, no excuses really , just tired and frustrated i cannot find anything to do the job i need doing
and yes if i had explained it better perhaps iwould have had a completely differant reply

so if anyone else is reading this
can you help me with a script that will migrate a specific 'group' of members off my XOOPS database and into a new one
thanks

Herko
  • 2007/4/2 14:08

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

That's OK, we all get frustrated every now and again.

Are both sites XOOPS powered websites? If so, the it will make copying the users to the new site a LOT easier.

I don't know of a module that can do this, but I bet there's people here that can tell you step by step how to get this done...

Oh, and if you're afraid of breaking things, then make a backup copy you can restore if something does go wrong. This is a great opportunity to learn a bit too

Herko

davidl2
  • 2007/4/2 14:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If it's one XOOPS site to another - it may be simpler just to copy the database, then locally remove the copies modules and additional data (using something like XAMPP to install it on) - making a light version of the database with only the members and data.

(Well technically it's easier to use a PHP manipulation tool... but if you want to be careful about any accidents - the above may be easier to do).

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/2 19:02

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Here I wrote a small script to export XOOPS Users to a CSV file.

Please the read the readme.txt and that should tell you what you have to do to use it. You can either export all user info or selected user info.

Download from here.

Xoops Users CSV export tool

Please only use it for legal reasons only.

ATB

Catz

eejut
  • 2007/4/2 19:09

• eejut

• Just popping in

hi! great stuff...really appeciate it ..one thing though, i cant find the file off that link :S

is it somewhere on your site? or is it that you have not made the link live yet

BlueStocking

eejut;

I can not think of any legitimate reason for you to need the passwords of any of your database customers. They may not wish to be migrated to your new system and I would definitely object to having my name, password, and email placed on any cvs spreadsheet for any purpose I did not personally authorize.

Your request is still a hack or module I hope does not exist, now or in the future. (I feel certain it is out there but I can still hope....)

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

eejut
  • 2007/4/2 19:20

• eejut

• Just popping in

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
eejut;

I can not think of any legitimate reason for you to need the passwords of any of your database customers. They may not wish to be migrated to your new system and I would definitely object to having my name, password, and email placed on any cvs spreadsheet for any purpose I did not personally authorize.

Your request is still a hack or module I hope does not exist, now or in the future. (I feel certain it is out there but I can still hope....)

BlueStocking

Sheeese give me a break!! ffs like i have once said, having the pass does not matter i just need the username and email address etc from a specific group and for the last time stop insunuating iam doing anything illegal holyquackamoly!!! you make it sound like iam onto some massive scam or something ,please stay on topic or stay off the thread thanks

eejut
  • 2007/4/2 20:03

• eejut

• Just popping in

Quote:

John_N wrote:
Here I wrote a small script to export XOOPS Users to a CSV file.

Please the read the readme.txt and that should tell you what you have to do to use it. You can either export all user info or selected user info.

Download from here.

Xoops Users CSV export tool

Please only use it for legal reasons only.

ATB

Catz

Great little script John_N, really appreciate it ,one more questions and we are there ..i have sever user groups on my site , anon, registered, vip,vip1, etc
how would i get the usernames and email addies from say just the vip1 group and not the rest?

really appreciate the time you took to do this

cheers

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits