Blixer
Re: How Do I Edit a Page in Wiwi?
  • 2007/3/24 1:58

• Blixer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/3 1

Quote:

skenow wrote:
Would you mind giving me admin privileges there? I've just registered as 'skenow'

While you are in the admin menu, look at the privileges tab for wiwimod - what are the settings for Open content?

Here is what the page should look like

Steve,
I've given you admin right (at least I think I have). The privileges tab seems unresponsive to me. I can't seem to change any profiles.

And yes, I guess I do have some custom blocks. The menus are from the Mastop Publish module.

Feel free to dig around and see what you can come up with to help me out. I appreciate it very much.

If you need it, I could probably even arrange remote access to the machine.

Thanks!!!

skenow
  • 2007/3/24 12:51

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Well, I've taken a look at your XOOPS options and the module and I can't determine what is causing this. I couldn't make any changes to the Preferences or Privileges in Wiwimod, nor could I get the edit function to work. In all cases, the url would change but the page would not.

Blixer
  • 2007/3/24 14:57

• Blixer

• Just popping in

Quote:

skenow wrote:
Well, I've taken a look at your XOOPS options and the module and I can't determine what is causing this. I couldn't make any changes to the Preferences or Privileges in Wiwimod, nor could I get the edit function to work. In all cases, the url would change but the page would not.

Yes, thats exactly the problem I've been having. And that is where the frustration has been. And I haven't seen anything to indicate why I'm not able to make any changes to the Preferences and Privileges. At first I thought maybe it resulted from an error in the way that I installed the editors package. But I would think the default xooops editor would at least show up. And I can make changes to the options. I can make changes in other aspects of xoops. And I do have Pico working with both the default editor and the fckeditor. I had to create a second instance of the fckeditor for it to work but figured that one out. So it isn't just some bad issue with the site or the installation overall.

Maybe someone will come up with a potential idea or solution. It seems that folks have wiwi running with a similar configuration as to what I'm using. It's just totally odd. I didn't see any error messages from the debug either.

Maybe I'll just have to give up on wiwi....

skenow
  • 2007/3/24 15:03

• skenow

• Home away from home

I wouldn't give up completely...

The problem may lie in the server configuration or a file/folder that is corrupted or has the wrong permissions.

Are you using the XAMPP distribution, or have you installed a different web server?

Blixer
  • 2007/3/24 22:28

• Blixer

• Just popping in

Quote:

skenow wrote:
I wouldn't give up completely....

Are you using the XAMPP distribution, or have you installed a different web server?

Steve,
I'm sure I dowloaded each of the components individually. I didn't have a clue about XAMPP when I started all of this.

behnt
  • 2007/4/18 13:53

• behnt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/17

Sorry to bud in here but I am having a issue related somewhat to this.

With the preferences in wiwi, I can choose XoopsEditor but the second box below "Choose a XoopsEdiitor supported editor" box shows nothing in the pull down menu. I have the editors as when I am in the wiwi mod and edit a page there is a link at the top saying "Right click to select another editor" and when I do so the Koivi editor is there and when I choose it all goes well...

But I would like this to be the default as my users are likely to be intimidated by a wiki unless it is dirt simple to use so a WYSIWYG editor is a must.

Thank you for your time in helping me with this

Best Regards
Ben

Quote:

skenow wrote:
David -

Here's what the preferences page should look like and here is what the edit page should look like.

I recommend a fresh start for this module - deactivate it, uninstall it, delete the folder from the /modules folder and delete the files from /templates_c, except for index.html. Brief list of instructions, I know, I'll add this to this list of posts to add to Starting a New XOOPS Site.

skenow
  • 2007/4/18 14:28

• skenow

• Home away from home

If the XOOPSeditors were not present when Wiwi was installed, that select box will not be populated. Update the wiwimod module and the options will be there.

On another note - the default profile select box will not be populated until you view/save one of the profiles.

behnt
  • 2007/4/18 20:36

• behnt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/17

Thank you!!!!

Ben

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits