hoppy
News RSS Feeds
  • 2007/3/21 18:58

• hoppy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/21

Hi guys, I would like to know how to get my news RSS feed showing the news in my page automatically. I can't get it to do this, it only shows a link to the feed, not the feed itself. I only want 1 news feed. its a rugby league supporters site and I want to show the latest rugby league news. I am using news 1.44 module

an example is here:
http://www.auspcs.com.au/comets
u click on news and it shows the pull down menu with the link, click the link and it shows the link to the news.
I want to :
click on news, a page opens showing the news

any ideas?

Thanks

PS. I have tried and tried and searched. I dont ask questions until I am lost.

JMorris
Re: News RSS Feeds
  • 2007/3/21 20:53

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

hoppy,

Welcome to XOOPS!

If you don't mind integrating third-party scripts, here's three really good choices...

Pausing RSS scroller
RSS Display Boxes
Advanced RSS Ticker (Ajax invocation)

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

hoppy
  • 2007/4/6 19:17

• hoppy

• Just popping in

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, I was testing these 3 different things you suggested. i am unfortunately not experiencd enough to integrate these into my installation without some help. Thankyou for the suggestions.

gestroud
  • 2007/4/6 20:29

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Try this module:https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=84&lid=1437 . You may want to go to the developers site for the latest version.

Question: If you only want to show the latest articles from a specific topic designated in the news module on your site, and you want it displayed on your site, why not just set up a recent news block to display only articles from the specific topic?

hoppy
  • 2007/4/6 21:02

• hoppy

• Just popping in

Gestroud, Your a legend. Thankyou for that. Its exactly what I wanted. Took less than 5 minutes to install, setup my one feed and its finished.
3 weeks of searching......

Now for my CSV import export problem..

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits