oldenough
The best module for news publishing
  • 2007/3/12 6:35

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

I am really confused. What is the ebst module fro news publishing? By News I mean news with images and everything else emedded, and of course a system which talks to both forum and poll-modules.

I have installed and tested Article, News and, after some serious hunting, AI.

AI could be really useful if it had less bugs, specially according to categories. AI have understood presentation.
News are great, but it lacks the idea of presentation. Article have some more presentation options, but lacks some basic things like a "print" and "send to a friend" and "pdf" option behind each article. Article also seems to have more features than News.

So I am a bit stuck. I want a news module aimed for good presentation and hopefully as good as any other news publishing software, in order to make a online magazine/ezine. I guess this is the only options?

irmtfan
Re: The best module for news publishing
  • 2007/3/12 7:18

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

Article have some more presentation options, but lacks some basic things like a "print" and "send to a friend" and "pdf" option behind each article. Article also seems to have more features than News.

Article ( by phppp) has all these.
you can see a demo here:
http://www.xoopsforge.com/

ewonline
  • 2007/3/16 2:11

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

Or try the wordpress module (same site as above).
Resized Image

JMorris
  • 2007/3/16 3:42

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

IMHO, SmartSection is THE best Article/News/Section module there is currently available. It has a ton of features, it presents content in multiple formats, and it is the most SEO friendly module out there. Beyond that, it seems to be the best supported and most developed "news" module as well.

http://smartfactory.ca/

If you want to see it in action before you try it, check outhttp://mywebresource.com/modules/smartsection/

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

raygauci
  • 2007/3/16 7:01

• raygauci

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/16

Totally agree with JMorris we use smartsection for our sports site. maltasport

One problem though with smartsection or perhaps with all news/article modules is that when you have a lot of articles (1200 in our case), spotlight articles, etc, the database gets heavy and the query takes longer to execute. Perhaps one could advise how to optimise the database?????

Ray

siweb
  • 2007/3/16 7:12

• siweb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/2 1

I would suggest News144embed as the only one with auto resize for thumbnail image.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits